Mirrors

Discussion in 'High Ideas' started by INTP, May 17, 2013.

1. I can't wrap my head around this guys. If I look at a mirror from 1 metre away, am I seeing myself in the mirror from 1 metre away or is the distance doubled?

Is my image actually on the surface of the mirror wall or does the mirror just redirect my vision back at myself therefor doubling the distance between me and the mirror?

2. Well, the light travels from you to the mirror - 1m, then back from the mirror to your eyes - 1m. The mirror reflects what it 'sees' of you 1m away, so you see a 1m reflection, but the light has been on a 2m journey. So the answer is both.

3. #3 Joshipooo, May 19, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: May 19, 2013
    Haha trippy stuff, interesting tho. I can say that I have thought about it before

4. The only reason you can't walk through a mirror is because your reflection stops you.

woah. this concept has blow my mind. 

all i can think of is reflections now

Yeah i was really high and was looking at the mirror and just couldn't wrap my head around it haha. I at one point thought i was still using depth perception in the mirror because if you put your finger on the mirror but then move it back, it seems like you're also moving back inside the mirror? But thanks anyways guys :D

7. pretty much it's two meters in perspective, and in every way other than reality, since obviously the mirror is a flat surface 1 meter away

8. I'm glad someone asked this question. I've been wondering about this for a while now

9. That's cool and all.
    Now ask yourslef something. What color is a mirror?
    What the fuck IS a mirror?

10. Seriously...?

*Look like Barbie, Smoke like Marley*

11. This whole thread confuses me.

*Look like Barbie, Smoke like Marley*

12. my mind fucking exploded right now.