Miracle Grow Time release success!!!

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by chode79, Mar 25, 2009.

1. I notice alot of people hate the MG time release. Why? What is the problem w/ it? I used it on my 1st grow and was very happy. All I added was water now and then and I got some dank buds. It was one plant under 4 42watt cfls in my closet. I reaped about 1.5 ounces. So whats so bad about time release? I didnt have to add any other nutes and my girl turned out perfect. Im thinking about using it again on my next grow. But this time Ive got 2 600w HPS. Any comments??

2. I'm glad to here Miracle Grow worked well for you. I'm starting my first grow, germ is over and just put them in Miracle-Gro Potting Mix, I bought it before I saw people saying don't use it.

3. Do you have any pictures?
    There was no yellowing leaves or stunted growth at all?

4. i use only miracle grow soluable nutes, i dont see why people have problems with them, my widow loves it.

5. Ive got pics but Im currently out of town working and dont have them on this laptop. The leaves did start to yellow 2 or 3 weeks before harvest but I hear thats normal. Is this not true?

6. As long as you don't add any other nutes, the MG soil will be fine. People run into problems when they add additional nutes, because the time release and added nutes together are too much, causing burn. The only other advice I can add is to mix in about 20% perlite to the soil. MG tends to be muddy and clumpy and the perlite will help lighten it up.

7. Some of the problems of Miracle Grow are that nutrient content is not designed for human consumption....on most of there formulas....the nutrients and chemicals can be harmful to your plant and your lungs...or brain...and the uncontrollably of the time release...and nutreants in the soil...most growers here on this site and others ...love to control the variables if u know what i mean...the lights...the temp..C02...fans....and the Nutreants...having things already in the soil means you cant really change a whole bunch by adding more nutes....just buring the plant or killing it...and you really cant change nutreants to benifit veg or flower....and i am just speculating that the PH of that soil and Nutreants might not be the best for all strains.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Been using MG soil and nutes for 7 years now. I've found that I need to add nutes otherwise the growth isn't nearly as good as with a good nutrient regime.

Most folks hating on MG are the ones that either a) just hear negative word of mouth and "go with the flow" or b) don't step up their nutrients based on their plants needs and burn them.

9. Amen to that. I've been using MG soil AND all purpose fertilizer/Bloom Booster for decades and never had a problem. I've tried other nutes...earth juice, pure blend pro, fox farm and I get the same or better results with MG.

10. i have had success 4 times

11. phew this was a blessing in disguise. i'll be getting seeds next week and bought MG organic soil. along with MG nutes. that'll be fine to germinate right?

12. Sure. Just don't feed them anything until the cotyledons have died off and when starting a feeding regime start at 1/4 recommended dosage and slowly step up to full feeding. ;)

Good luck with your grow.

13. i can tell by this kids thread that he's lyin and he didnt grow shit.

14. Beginners often times have trouble in that soil because they often don't know when to water, feed and how to monitor pH.

15. why do you say that?

16. #16 Andrew420, Mar 26, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 26, 2009
    If growing in MG potting soil... what is the best way to raise P & K during flowering?

17. Outside fertizer of course.

18. OK, let me re-phrase then... as I thought that it was pretty obvious that I was looking for a product name, or some type of recommendation as to an auxiliary supplement... :rolleyes:

WHAT "fertizer" do I need to use to boost the P & K in the MG potting soil during flowering...

The base MG Potting Soil is 21-07-14... so, where do my P & K numbers need to go... and HOW do I get them there?

Thanks in advance for the clarification! :wave:

19. I like the Fox Farm line. The tiger bloom which is like 2-8-4 or something similar is great.

20. OK, sweet! Thanks, SmknVTEC!

So... if the baseline MG is 21-07-14... and I add in the Tiger Bloom at 02-08-04... how does the math work here? Would that just straight add-up to 23-15-18?

Another newbie question, as long as the P & K add-up to and/or are greater than the N value... I'm good (in general), yes?

Thanks again!

:D