Miracle grow perlite Am I doomed?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by crunkmonk, Aug 4, 2013.

1. While reading through a different post I learned the miracle grow perlite im using has a plant fertilizer added to it. Im 3 weeks into flowering and stressing my crop is going to taste like a road flare. I didnt add very much to my soil maybe a couple hand fulls in each gallon pot. Does anyone have experience with this?

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. You'll probably be fine.  I doubt that MG adds much fertilizer and as you say you didn't use very much of the perlite.  Just be aware as you're feeding them that they might have a little already.

And for the record, MG and their parent company Monsanto are among the worst companies on the planet.  Support their competition and don't give them another damn dime.  Just my two cents . . .

3. I hhave never seen fertiliser in perlite, I don't think it exists here in the UK. miracle grow can work ok, it's not great but the main problem is when people follow the dosage instructions on the packet. marijuana needs a very specific strength of nutes, too little and too much is easily given. get the dosage right and you can grow with miracle grow. I used to when I started out about 20 years ago. you probably want around 1/8 strength for small-ish plants moving up to 1/4 strength for large plants.
    but saying that, I high quality nutes are so cheap anyway it not worth making it complicated with crappy nutes

4. It's not that much on the perlite.

5. Thank you for the info guys, glad my girls should be ok.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

6. #6 Spid3r mite, Aug 5, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 5, 2013
    Miracle grow (Scotts) is not owned by Monsanto. For having such great hatred you think you'd know more about them.

• Like Like x 2