Miracle Grow, god forbid, but I need some help

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Potographer, Aug 5, 2011.

1. Okay so I did my first grow and you can see it's progress here:
    http://forum.grasscity.com/absolute-beginners/873107-first-grow-day-13-a.html

I started the seedlings in Miracle Grow seedling starter, which worked for a while and then they both experienced a bad nute burn. Flushed them after that and they came back and were doing great.

So on and so forth, I transplanted both plants to 5 gallon buckets, along with changing the soil to miracle grow moisture control soil.

My question is:

If I really really really wanted to, could I change the soil in the buckets to foxfarms without any negative effects considering they've grown in miracle grow this whole time?

ALSO

Do I need to drill holes in the bottom of the 5 gallon bucket for drainage or are they too big and absorbent enough to not need drainage holes?

2. Yes you could transplant to new soil and should. Yes you need drainage holes.

3. Okay how much does the normal foxfarm kit, soil, nutes and all usually cost? I just got a job which I should be starting within a week so my first paycheck will be going towards this.

4. amazon.com or htgsupply.com.