Miracle Grow Garden Soil

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by budblower10, May 2, 2006.

1. Hey fellas. I was wandering if the basic Miracle Grow Potting Soil will be alright to grow in. I want to get best possible yeild and i am willing to mix it myself if it will be better, but i was wandering if this would work. Has anyone used it? It says it has pheat moss, some compost and i think perlite in it, it sounds alright. What type do you guys usually use. Also, im growing in sort of clay soil, and i dug 2 foot deep holes and relling with the new soil. I want to try to break up the clay as much as possible, maybe mix it in with the new soil somehow (maybe pitch fork), so the roots can penetrate more. Does this sound like a good idea?

2. Ya it will work for your first grow no prob..... Just make sure to get some nutrients when you start to flower...

3. To any basic commercial substrate, I always add some horse manure, compost, fert granules, and some sand and volcanic rock (to keep the soil more porous and able to drain).

4. That's a good idea. Go with it! I'm doing the same XD Except my backyard soil isn't clayish.

5. dont use mg to start that will kill seedlings so watch out