Miracle Grow for growing quality buds

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by The Talking Dog, Aug 5, 2012.

1. There are a lot of high end nutrients on the market today. Some systems costing as much as an entire basic grow setup. I know they work for the most part, my friend swears by them and he can grow dispensary quality bud. I'm starting to think however, that they may just be over hyped products that rely more on marking then actual results. It's just that people have been growing plants organically for millennia.

I don't grow organically. I use MG for veg in my garden because it rocks and FF tiger bloom for flowering because it costs more so I guess it's probably better for taste... I guess. What do you guys think about the cheaper grow nuts like MG and FF? Can you get great dispensary quality ganja by using a solid grow technique, having a perfect grow environment, and feeding more cost effective fertilizer that can be picked up at any wal-mart?

2. It's not about the nutrients themselves really. MG has a bad wrap in the cannabis cultivation community because a lot of MG soil mixes come with time-release fertilizer. The problem with time-release is that you can't control the dosage or type of food it gets since it's released when watered. What ends up happening a lot is that too much fertilizer gets released too early and burns up the plant or swings the ph out of balance.

All these different brands of plant food, liquid concentrates or organic supplements. They all give the plant the same thing, it's just the source that it comes from that is different. You absolutely can grow the best of the best cannabis without spending any money on expensive grow food. You just need to know what you're doing, and know what the plant needs and to provide it.

The reason that bottled nutrients are common is because it is pretty straightforward to use, but that doesn't make them superior. They just tend to come without having to do much besides mix with water and then balance the ph.

3. I've been told by a respectable grower, verbatim

"If there were a contest for best graphics on their products, fox farm would win hands down, but that's about the only thing it would win at...."

4. A friend of mine once told me "plants can't tell the difference between elements from one brand or another. Npk is npk its just giving the plant what it needs when it needs it"

5. Yeah that ^^^^^^;)
    Plants can't read labels..Ions are ions and the ladies don't care if they get them organically or synthetically..It's the ratios that matter IMV..
    Cheers!..:)

6. Please don't support Miracle Grow. They are owned by Scott's, who is owned by Monsanto - the most evil corporation in the world. Monsanto made Agent Orange, DDT, Bovine Growth Hormone, GMO seeds and many, many other destructive practices. They are ruining world farmers and trying to monopolize seed production and play God with thier GMO seed.

They are pure evil and must be stopped. If we continue to support them who knows where it will end?

Please Google Monsanto before you buy another bag of Miracle Grow.

Thank you,

Jerry.

7. [quote name='"jerry111165"']Please don't support Miracle Grow. They are owned by Scott's, who is owned by Monsanto - the most evil corporation in the world. Monsanto made Agent Orange, DDT, Bovine Growth Hormone, GMO seeds and many, many other destructive practices. They are ruining world farmers and trying to monopolize seed production and play God with thier GMO seed.

They are pure evil and must be stopped. If we continue to support them who knows where it will end?

Please Google Monsanto before you buy another bag of Miracle Grow.

Thank you,

Jerry.[/quote]

Nobody says I support them go back and read my post again.. I was answering the man's question. :rolleyes:

8. ...you wasn't fingered out, relax. :cool:

9. Reefer - I was speaking to the original thread poster. Sorry for the confusion.

Monsanto sucks donkey, bull & dog dick.

J

10. #10 trichome fiend, Aug 5, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 5, 2012

...spoken like a true gentleman. :D:wave:

...for the OP ----> http://www.naturalnews.com/030967_Monsanto_evil.html

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rml_k005tsU&feature=related[/ame]

11. [quote name='"jerry111165"']Reefer - I was speaking to the original thread poster. Sorry for the confusion.

Monsanto sucks donkey, bull & dog dick.

J[/quote]

All good in the hood my man :bongin:

12. Monsanto is terrible and greedy. Farmers are required to purchase new seed stock each year from monsanto because they use genetically modified seeds and have a patent on them, they don't even allow the farmers to plant their own seeds.

13. [quote name='"morange"']Monsanto is terrible and greedy. Farmers are required to purchase new seed stock each year from monsanto because they use genetically modified seeds and have a patent on them, they don't even allow the farmers to plant their own seeds.[/quote]

That's fucked...

14. #14 killsig, Aug 10, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 10, 2012