Miracle grow and Coco?

Discussion in 'Coco Coir' started by HomerSativa, Oct 21, 2010.

1. I'm having issues finding perlite with out nutes added in. I've been working crazy hours and not been able to go to a smaller nursery to see if they have some. But my plants have to be transplanted soon. Has anyone use there perlite and if so , what luck?!?

2. i use the home depot perlite..unless you are goin pure organic...its fine to use..the coco is inert ...so the small amount the perlite adds is like a extra buffer..1/3 perlite....2/3 coco..also add bat guano..wormcastings..dolamite lime...tad of sulfer...gotta be more:p

3. Thanks Deacon! I've read alot of negative things about mg. I'm guessing it will do. I have the dolomite lime but don't think they have the worm-castings or bat guano so it will be a minute before I can find them. I'm hoping it will be ok if I put them in that coco/perlite mix and on my off day find the wc & bg so as to add them next time I transplant.

4. mg soils ok for experienced growers who know what to look for...it needs to be amended ....your askin' questions first..thats key..rather than i got three plants in a pot????what do i do???;)are you runnin' coco or soil...coco i think.....ebay..grow shops and even some feed and grain shops got bat guano and worm castings..you cant do it all at once..but good medium is key...as are strain/genetics and nutes to an extent..good luck and have fun..all work and no play makes homer a cranky bastard:Dat least it does me:wave:

5. All work and no weed make Homer a crankie basterd! LoL!! I'm going only coco and perlite. It's mg brand perlite that I have. That has "nutrients" added already. I've got a local nursery I'm thinking I could get plain perlite but have not yet had an opportunity too, nor will I till Sunday. But my seedlings are in straight coco right now, I have to transplant them to bigger pots. :D

6. the mg perlite is ok..i think its good to have a small amount of nutes in the coco..as a safty net..would mix up medium then transplant to 2 or 3 gal. pots:smoke:

7. That makes sense. Thanks bud!