Miracle Gro

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by brc88, Jan 30, 2006.

1. ok i just had to tansfer my plant from one pot to a 8 inch pot.
    i put some rocks around the bottum of pot, all new soil miracle gro moisture contral
    potting mix its says on bag it feed up to 3 months. with my plant being to close to being rdy to hang is the miracle gro bad.

Click link to see stuff im using in my grow.
    http://forum.grasscity.com/showpost.php?p=825027&postcount=7

2. i was wondering if miracle grow would help a grow or ruin it too.. or would it affect the taste/smell of it?

3. I'm using that shit too and my plant is less than 2 weeks old, should I not use this stuff?

4. Well it seems thats some people have questions about the fucking miracle gro but we have gotting no answers

5. It's been a long time since I grew my own, but this seems to be somewhat of a consensus on the subject of Miracle Grow.

'A high nitrogen fertilizer (such as Miracle Grow) is great for the
    vegetative phase, but may inhibit flowering if continued into the floral
    phase.'

6. im passed flowering i already have bud.

7. First of all folks, Miracle grow should be stayed away from. It is probably the worst product to use for growing MJ. As for soil with fertilizer already in it; stay away from that too, especially if the plants are baby seedlings. It is best to have soil without nutrients and add your own nutrients later. Brc88, being that your plant is almost ready you might be ok but, why did you replant it during flower? Replanting should be done before, to the beginning of flower, not during. I hope you don't have to repot again. Keep a very close eye out for over-fertilization. The artificial lights such as what we use to grow MJ indoors, speeds up the time release process of your continuous release soil and over fertilizes plants; especially seedlings. Dbomber if your plants are 2 weeks old I would get them out of that crap soil very quickly. Get some organic potting soil WITHOUT FERTILER and maybe, if you like, go outside and dig up some dirt from your garden that is under some nice green grass. Mix this with your organic potting soil and you will be set.

8. Brc88 I see Unoit has already answered this question. Do what he says. He is an expert grower. Also, if soil is taken from outside you have to bake it to get rid of pests and things. Just stick with organic potting soil that has plenty of vermiculite and perilite in it and fertile yourself. Also stop fertilizing about 2 weeks before harvest otherwise the bud will have a weird homegrown taste.