miracle gro

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by holdinbanks, Jan 28, 2009.

1. what about miracle gro 15-30-15 water soluble plant food? wont that work fine until flowering? and isnt blood meal good for flowering?

2. i heard miracle gro isnt that great because it has timed released nutrients. with my grow, i started with miracle grow while the plants were germinating but later switched to a different soil. it seem to work fine while they were germinating but idk how miracle grow will be in the long run.

3. Miracle Gro soil is bad because it has timed-released nutes added. MG nutes are about on par with any other general-purpose chemical nutes (Scotts, Peters, Schultz, etc).

But that 15-30-15 is a flowering formula not a vegging formula, as evidenced by the 2nd number (P=phosphorous) being highest. For vegging, get something where the first number (N=nitrogen) is equal or higher than the others.

Best to use organic rather than chemical ferts, however.

4. i havent really seen any comments saying miracle grow works well, but i am using it myself with my plants that are only a week old because thats all that i could work with. its the only stuff i get around my house.

but my quiestion is, can i still pull of a good yield with using miracle grow soil, and fertilizer?

5. thanks for clarfi'in that TOASTY....

personall i like my merical grow furts/soil with furts... and will continue to use it for long time..
    what happenes is that ppl use the MG soil that already has TIME released furts in it.. so when they goto furtolize there plants with even more furts and it burns them up.....

in my honest opinion i love the stuff i get the garden stuff that feeds for 3 months.. and as the bag saids it feeds for 3 months no need to add furts only water... after about 3 months you will notice the plants are out of food... thats when i switch to 15-30-15 for flowering...... alota ppl hate MG but its cause they dont really kno what there doing....

6. I only use MG soil for seedlings. I'm very picky about flushing and such and MG contains time released nutes that may not be flushed properly during a complete grow. Since I only use 4 inch pots for seedlings, I feel that small amount of soil will burn itself out beofre it gets to the flowering stage.

MG nutes work as long as you use the fruit and veg types. The flower and house plant types tend to possess various chemical agents which are not good for humans. As long as you stick to the fruit and veg products MG offers you should be fine.

I never suggest MG soil for an entire grow, but it does work very well for seedlings.

less

7. I dont think its that Miracle Gro soil is bad, people just dont take into account that there are nutes in it and wind up over fertilizing. I have used the MG tomato fertilizer on MJ plants with good sucess. As long as you pay attention to what you are doing, you will be fine. They do make a decent product.

8. The ferts in that soil can burn your plant's roots even if you don't add any ferts to it. Some strains can take it OK but many cannot. HID lighting (MH/HPS) in particular can degrade the time-release formulation faster than intended and cause excess feeding and nute burn.

9. Ive been using a basic fertilizer for veg 24-8-16, i forget the brand...i also have the MG Tomato fertilizer, did u use it all the way through or just for flowering.