Miracle gro question (non-controversial)

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Lonelystoners, Nov 12, 2013.

1. Just finished my first indoor grow and learned a shit ton of stuff for my next grow.  One mistake was that i used miracle-gro soil with time release nuts, when there are better options at reasonable prices. My question pertains the miracle-gro time release nutrient soil… so I'm aware that towards the end (last couple weeks) of the flowering stage, we stop added nutes, in the hope that it will make the final product smoother to smoke seeing as all of the nutes have been flushed out. So my question is are my buds going to be healthy/safe enough smoke? Again seeing as the time release nutes in the soil are water-released and continue to feed plants for like 4-6 months. Currently 2/3 plants are in the curing stage whilst the last one is still in soil (being indica) 

2. Yeah they will be fine. When watering put a lot of water through the soil and allow to drain away. There is nothing wrong with the miracle grow nutrients, only the ratios and dosages. The strength of the soil is too high for marijuana because it prefers weak soil, buy if you rinse it out well on every watering it isn't too bad.

Even if you didn't flush at all, the bud will be harsher, but not harmful