MIP but need help

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by Cudi Get 20, Sep 30, 2009.

1. Ok so a couple weekends ago I got an MIP on campus while tailgaiting. I intend on paying it and doing everything I have to do to get it off my record, however my university emailed me a couple of days ago telling me I had to call this phone number to schedule an appointment to talk to somebody about my mip, and any other rules I broke. Basically, they want to talk to me about breaking the student code of conduct, but does anyone know how I should talk to them about it, or what they want to really talk to me about? Like, are they going to punish me as well, or do they just want to make sure it wasn't a felony offense or anything?

2. They won't kick me out of school with they? The email looks pretty intense when you read it, thats why I am asking. Should I post some of the email?

3. You can start off by telling us what the hell an MIP is?

4. minor in possession

5. i gota couple while tailgating on campus too. i just had to pay a fine and was put on probation, nothing too bad.

6. they will probably make you take an alcohol class, thats what they made us do when we got caught drinking on campus.

7. Yeah you should. Some campuses take it more seriously than others.

8. I had the meeting a couple hours ago with the dean of students, and he made me sign a bunch of papers, basically waiving my rights if I were to try to prove I didn't do anything wrong. I ended up with 5 hours of comm service, an alcohol class, probation for one year and I have to write an essay to the dean about what I learned.

Not too bad, I was expecting much worst after I googled "MIP on campus" and a lot of pages popped up saying they got there finacial aid terminated and/or suspended from school. Im assuming I also will have to pay the fine and take another class (The ticket was issued from the city police department, on my universitys campus which is why I got double wammied.) Anyways, I was freaking out earlier but thanks for the responses guys.

9. ya on campus there not gonna usually do a lot to ya, as long as its your first time gettin busted there and its only for a small thing.

a buddy of mine got caught with paraphanelia cause another friend left that dudes door open and the bong sitting on his desk. he had to pay a citation fine and take the alcohol/drug class and was on (i think) just academic probation.

i got caught in a room after toking once and i got written up. was supposed to take a school alcohol/drug class for 100 bucks but didnt have to cause i left school. and i was put on academic probation so if i fucked up again i could get kicked out of the dorm