MIP advice

Discussion in 'General' started by rodd, Sep 5, 2010.

1. alright so the other night I got arrested for a mip which was total bullshit, i walked into the night club and sat down and the officer tapped me on the shoulder and started to question me then he breathalized me and I blew a .1, anyways i have a court date in about a month this is my first offense i was wondering if i should get a lawyer or just go in and plead quilty..any thoughts?

2. When an officer asks you to blow into a breathalyzer, he is attempting to gain evidence in order to convict you of a crime.

Personally, I always do my best no prevent people from having evidence that could convict me of a crime.

You do have a right to not incriminate yourself.

Why on earth would you blow?

Get a lawyer. Tell them you drank nyquil, (or some over the counter medicine w/ alcohol in it), and that you may have drank too much.

If the cop didn't see you drinking, then you're good as long as you've got the money to pay for a trial and avoid being railroaded, (which will be the 1st thing they try to do).

Next time, try not to hand the cops the most damning piece of evidence against yourself possible.

You'll be glad you didn't.

Best of luck.