Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Minor Caught With Weed

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by withoutaleash, Sep 2, 2014.

1. Basically, my son was arrested the other night for smoking marijuana in his car. The cop told him that he would only get a paraphernalia charge and weed possession charge. He aparantly only had 2/10th of a gram and a glass pipe on him. They said that within the next month they will be able to tell us if he'll have a court date or not and what his punishment will be. I am curious to see if he will have a jail record because I love my son and don't want him to have wasted his life due to drugs. I want to know what you guys will think will happen to him, he is 17, a boy scout, and is on the honor roll and the charge was given in Pennsylvania. 

2. Hopefully nothing will come of it, although where I live a roach can get you 10+ years.

I would take a joint over a beer any day of the week.

I really hope nothing does come out of it, even if he was on probation that would still be disappointing. 

4. Does anybody else know what might happen to him?

5. He'll be fine, it was .2. He's 17, they'll probably make him take some drug class or something

6. Yeah a lot of places have drug classes you take and it will give him a clean record. This happened to my son his first time getting caught.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Really? Did it happen in pennsylvania?

8. He will just take a drug class or in some places they will make him take a cpr class. If he has a bad record they will put him on probation but none of this will stay on his record. He will probably get a court date, but nothing serious will happen

9. 2/10th is 1/5th.

10. Beat me to it. I was gonna include or 4/20th. XD

OP, Make sure you don't allow him to incriminate himself further. Don't give out any more details, and make sure to know your rights. You are entitled to stay silent, So is your son.

11. Even if he did have a court date you would only be fined like 100 bucks at the worst IMO. No ones tryin to put a 17 y/o in the clink for some bud, nonetheless keep it on his record.

12. #12 Omega369, Sep 3, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 3, 2014
    0.5/2.5th
    0.25/1.25th

I wouldn't worry. Barely crumbs and he's a minor. No record, but I'd tell him to smoke at home instead out outside so cops don't bust him

Omega369

13. I had sex with your son.

14. decimals don't mix with fractions

Sent from my iPad using Grasscity Forum

15. I bet you were fun in math class

Omega369

16. haha nope I was just thinking back to the little bit of math that I actually remembered :D

Sent from my iPad using Grasscity Forum

17. So basically, I can just expect a phone call telling me that he will have to pay a fine and take a class? I guess that isn't so bad in the scheme of things....

18. I'd be more worried about the intelligence of your child than the consequences of him getting caught smoking in his car.

19. for minors you usully get a fine or attend a drug rehab or both, not jail time

20. Civil Infraction/Misdemeanor.
    Does not go on record.
    Fine within a maximum limit. And other requirements based on state regulations.

Should be fine, I've been in this situation before.
    Easy as mailing them the ticket.