Minor canoeing

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by Tomfw86, Jun 4, 2021.

1. Hi

I have some minor canoeing on fan leaves, and slightly crisp on tips but no colour change to leaves

Growth is good, temp is 26 degrees

Lights are 1000w - approx 3 foot away currently as they’re small plants

Coco medium - watered daily with advanced nutrients. In the past I used half recommended doses, but I have upped to recommended dose but I’m thinking this could be causing the canoeing? PH 5.8-6 each feed.

Anything else I need to check?

I have humidity set at 60%

Any suggestions would be great.

I can add some photos later if that would be helpful as well.

There is 2 bigger plants using same feeding schedule with zero canoeing, poss a bit of over nutrients for the smaller ones?

Thank you

2. hi there ,,a couple of pictures would be a great help so others can help you ..thanks ....mac,

3. Where's your thermometer located at?

4. It was above lights so I relocated this morning to below, but there was little difference when I moved it but I wanted to do it to rule out possible heat problem due to it being above

5. You feeding sometimes salt and or nutrient build up or an unbalanced ph can cause that like Mac said pictures say a thousand words.

6. I’ll have pictures shortly, I’m out at the moment

I have a gut feeling it’s nutrient build up, as it’s got worse as I’ve upped the nutes.

I use advanced nutrients, and have always used half measure of what they state as recommended by shop as with good results but this time I’ve upped them.

1 is particularly bad and others just minor.

I know it’s hard to over water with Coco but I suspect it’s a bit of both..

I will get pictures.

Thanks for replies

• Like Like x 1
  7. I have some photos

They’ve all started to canoe a little more so something needs readjusting, also some fan leaves a little lighter and some darker, I think the nutrients may be too much.

There are 2 which are in smaller pots which are particularly bad, the others are like the other 2.

Can anyone shed any light?

Thank you

Attached Files:

8. I think light or heat stress is what you have going on bud.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Lights are nearly 3 foot away... lift further?

10. Yea but if your running a 1000w hps on those plants at full blast I think its too much. I grow with leds so I am not 100 percent sure but from the symptoms I would suggest trying to turn down your light first. Another thing I noticed is your coc does not look like it is soaked. It's important with coco to water to run off every day with a light nutrient solution.

• Agree Agree x 1

11. Thanks

I’ve turned the 1000w down to 600w, moved it higher and I will adjust temp to 22 degrees

see what happens !

• Winner Winner x 1

12. Thanks. Yes I have the coco soaked now, I’ve also lightened the nutrient feed slightly as well as the tips of the leaves were showing tiny yellow ends

13. Let us know how it goes please.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  14. Anytime!! You should be seeing some improved resaults in the next few days, so like my other blade above said........ keep us posted :)

15. Seeing improvements now.. thanks for everyone’s feedback! Great stuff!