Minnesota MM law a farce...

Discussion in 'Marijuana News' started by txmnjim, Jul 6, 2018.

1. Well, my hopes to actually get relief for my Sleep Apnea by using
    Cannabinoids and THC have been dashed! it turns out the state law
    is a farce by allowing doctors to "decide" on whether to certify patients
    for treatment, and many doctors (including Mayo Clinic where i go!) are
    refusing to do so. i just sent some strongly worded emails both to Mayo
    and the the State. i spent literally thousands of dollars over the past 3
    years and NONE of the treatments (CPAP, dental device) work for me.
    why cant i just have my doctor that i paid forward my records to the whom-
    ever i want? i read an article and it is a state-wide problem.
    turns out they have a cottage industry balloon up where "doctors" they
    have on their list will certify you for a substantial fee, of course! god i hate
    that the regular citizen in this country has become so powerless :(

• Like Like x 1
  2. sorry to vent so much but i have good news and bad new...my Dr got back to me
    and said she would be happy to send my information to the State to certify that i
    do indeed have Obstructive Sleep Apnea! then i started looking into it and the State
    wants these Drs to go online and create an account with their medical license number
    and DEA number, and be part of *their* registry! what dr is going to do that, other than
    these drs that are just looking to "get into the business"?
    it shouldn't be this hard!! i should be able to fax over my medical records to them and
    THEY look it over and decide if its legit...the burden shouldn't be on the doctors. needless
    to say, i guess it will be a long time before i get my MM card :(

3. Yeah the Mn medical MJ laws are frustrating a lot of people right now. I also have sleep apnea and need the proper medicine to relieve unpleasant symptoms. You just need to meet the right people and you'll be golden.

• Like Like x 1
  4. #4 Lemuel001, Jul 9, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 9, 2018
    Things are rough man, New Jersey just opened up med cards recently to lenient ailments, before this we had the worst med program (its still a complete joke with what 2 or 3 dispenseries..)

I have a question concerning sleep apnea. How does Marijuana help your sleep apnea? I am sincerely curious because I too have sleep apnea. Does the CPAP mask not work for you, or is it that you are having problems with consistant proper usage. (Me and the CPAP mask has been a disaster from day one tbh) Cheers!

Edit: Interesting..There have been some trials that have showed that there is an upwards of 30% reduced symptoms on sleep apnea but it is clear they need to have much further trials to see if there is any type of consistency of relief.

• Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 1
  5. good read man thanks! Sounds like we share some similar issues. I know allergy meds and flonase never did anything. I was never able to use the nose masks for that reason. It's frustrating (understatement lol) Well I hope you get all of this sorted. Glad I learned something about this

• Like Like x 2
  6. Even in states like colorado that have excellent medical cannabis programs and recreational cannabis even, if you want a medical card you still have to go to a seperate( not your primary care) Doctor thats more similar to a private practice doctor that has more literal training with cannabis.. Similar to pain management clinics, chiropractors, podiatrists, etc... its a very specific field that not many doctors are trained in yet.

• Like Like x 1
  7. I used to suffer from sleep apnea. Cpap helped and I even had surgery. They removed my uvula and roto rootered my sinuses. Most painful thing ever for week.
    Like the vast majority of sleep apnea sufferers I was 60 plus pounds overweight which is usually the true root cause.
    Got my testosterone levels checked and I was low. Been doing the Testosterone shots for over 5 years now and I feel great. Lost 65 plus pounds. Went from size 44 jeans that were tight to a size 34 comfortable and probably could go to a 33. 2XL shirts and now a tweener of M-L depending on shirt. I don’t starve myself but I also don’t eat unlimited white castles either. Plus I drink all the beer as before.
    It’s not for everyone but it’s been a fountain of youth for me. After the first 6 months and first 40 pounds the cpap went into the closet. Threw it away after the first year. Plus I make the Mrs. toes curl multiple times a week. Or more.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Not sure how avaialable CBN would be for you folks on this thread... CBN is better for sleep than THC... CBN is oxidized THC so maybe that is the lethargic aspects...

• Like Like x 1
  9. #11 SelfGoverned, Sep 1, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 2, 2018
    edited