Minnesota Growers Emporium

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by Phezisica, Apr 27, 2018.

1. A place for Minnesota growers to gather. I have a 2 room indoor set up. I grow from seed, clone and do a tiny bit of what I call breeding, LOL! I just received 7 new strains and will be trying them all. I grow in Coco, run a small perpetual harvest set up. Broke my back in a truck crash 2 years ago and am really just getting back up to speed now. Can't work now, so I thought I might have time for a journal. I do a modified version of SCROG due to my perpetual harvest set up. Perpetual Harvest, by the way, is a synonym for Perpetual Work, LOL! But I enjoy it (except for trimming, UGH!) and wouldn't be happy with weed I bought, both in quality and price. Since I started growing in 1992, I find it IMPOSSIBLE for me to PAY for the stuff. Don't know why, but I WILL NOT buy weed anymore, no matter what! Just me. I used to buy an oz. a week for 10+ years, but growing made me unable to actually pay for it. I don't sell it, either. I grow for my wife and I, a few friends and my kids (what kind of a Dad am I, anyway?). I told my kids I'd disown them if I ever heard they bought weed, LOL! No problem with them using it, just don't want them BUYING it. Well, that's a lot of typing for 1 finger so I'm going to roll one and relax so I can stay up to watch 'Robot Chicken' tonight. Peace everybody, Phezisica (Lakota Sioux word for Cannabis!)

• Like Like x 1
  2. #2 Papa Puff, Apr 27, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 27, 2018
    Welcome lots a peeps in ur area here. A lot of us are in the same boat. Health issues. Smoke to replace 50 pills. Most of the boys are helpfull

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

3. #3 Phezisica, Apr 29, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 29, 2018
    Got to get things in order before I take pictures. The past year has been the 'slowest' of my growing career. Just grew enough so as to not run out. I just received 5 new strains to add to the mix. Getting back to full speed soon. I was reading about CREE COB LEDs. Don't know much about them right now, but I will learn everything I can about these things. If they're better, I want 'em! I still like my MH and HPS, but I've been hearing good things about COB (except the cost!). Currently do a 'hybrid' SCROG system where I use a 3' x 3' screen on individual plants. I grow in Coco and use some LST and super cropping techniques before bending the plants under the screens. Seems to work well, so far. Only grown 6 plants this way, but it seems promising. We'll see how it goes. Will be a little hit and miss here for 2 weeks with 5 days of Wild Turkey hunting May 2 - 7, plus I have MANY clones to get ready for the MANY friends I seem to have each spring, LOL! Will be going 'balls to the walls' on the grow by mid May. First 3 strains will be Maturo Blue, Gorilla Cookies and Mendocino Psyco. In the future we'll have Pineapple Chunk, Chronic, Green Crack, NYC Diesel, Sweet Tooth, etc., etc. Peace, Phezisica

4. O.K., things have finally started to happen. I had a bitch of a time germinating seed in March. Only popped 7 out of 40+ seeds. Only 2 of them grew. My seed stash was from 3 to 7 years old. I think they were too tired. I tossed all I had left and ordered 7 new strains. Germination with new seeds so far is 6 for 6. The 2 from March FINALLY showed sex and both are female. They are Mendecino Psyco, a strain I've been growing for 3 years. Cut 25 clones today and started it up. Most of these will go to friends for outdoor grows. My new strains that are up are... 3 Gorilla Cookies and 3 Maturo Blue, all fem. I hope the clones root fast as I'm a little behind. I GIVE the clones out so there's no complaints and if there are, I don't care. I figure I'm a wonderful guy just for doing it, LOL! I don't mess with outdoor grows much, but I'm going to put 1 each of the GC and MB out this year. The other 4 are going to get my supercropping and SCROG hybrid technique. I use 36"x36" screens for each plant. The screens have legs in differing heights. I'll put 1 plant in to flower every other week. When they go in, I use legs approx. 5" shorter than the plant. I bend the main stalk under the screen and spread the branches across the screen. After a week or so, I remove all branches that are still under the screen. I harvest a plant every 2 weeks, more or less, so it's still a perpetual grow/work set up, but it's not near as demanding as it was. Been growing since '96 but this is only my 3rd SCROG. Had a perpetual harvest set up for many years, but that's a lot of work. Plants in every stage, at all times, gets demanding after 20 years. I was happy with the first 2 SCROGs, so I'm hoping for good things, again. I've kind of adapted SCROG techniques to perpetual harvest. I use 60% Coco and 40% Perlite. GH nutes, Cal-Mag and AN Big Bud. Veg. room runs 2 or 3 400W MH and I flower with 3 - 600W HPS. Part of the reason I'm behind this year is we had a cold winter and spring and 1 400W MH just couldn't keep the temps. as high as they should have been. But I'm just too cheap to run another 400W just for heat. So, my plants grew kinda slow. Then again, cooler temps. are said to produce more females. I got 2 for 2, so maybe. Got 2 400s going now since the seedlings entered. I'll update in a couple of days. Gotta get things goin'! I'll start a couple more new strains soon. Most likely Pineapple Chunk and Chronic. Peace, Phezisica DSC_0003.JPG DSC_0002.JPG DSC_0001.JPG