Mining Bitcoins?

Discussion in 'Silicon (v)Alley' started by tokemonster, Mar 12, 2013.

1. just seeing if anyone here has ever given this a shot?:smoking::smoking:

2. #2 xpixiex, Mar 12, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 12, 2013
    Someone did the calculations a while back. If you do it on a regular PC, the amount of time and cost of electricity makes it not worth it. I'm not sure how true it is, but it sounded about right.

You may be happier mining litecoins.

Litecoin - "Silver to Bitcoin's gold"
    Bitcoin Alternatives

3. Deep interweb isn't allowed to be discussed.
    Read the forum rules people....

4. Bitcoins != deep web. Also there's no rule against discussing the deep web anyway...

5. Online currency isn't necessarily the deep web.

6. Bitcoins aren't deep web. They are used in the deep web but there are many legal uses for them. There are a few websites that accept them for completely legal objects, like clothes, electronic, and even stuffed animals. Either way I've never seen the rule saying you can't discuss the deep web. This is the only one that comes close:

http://forum.grasscity.com/matt-mernagh-chronicle/400369-grasscity-community-forum-rules.html

7. im just talking about bitcoins not the deep-web
    BTW mining with my HD6950 right now:)

8. my computers not really normal:rolleyes:
    i7 2600k
    HD6950 overclocked
    8GB ram
    Built it all by myself:smoking::smoking:

9. I wish I did. Honestly I wish I had spent like $100 even on bitcoins when I first learned of them. They were about $7/BC now they're at like $43? That's in like 6 months or so; shit's crazy.

10. thats really the only reason its worth it right now

1btc=$46

11. Not worth it. People with over 60k in investments (100+ high end graphics cards) only pull in like 2k a month.

Not to mention, Nvidia cards are completely useless for mining, and even if I could i wouldn't put the extra stress on my rig for a few extra bucks.