Minimum Wage?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Runningw235, Dec 10, 2013.

2. Oh Running we do this thread about 4 times a year, it always turns into a clusterfuck after the statists argument is inevitably defeated and they resort to hurling personal insults. 

Then again we should never pass up an oppurtunity to expose the masses to Rothbard. 

Most threads here end up being insults and lacking intellectual integrity by about page 4. Yeah we do this thread every now and then, but I really like this article.

The girlfriend and I were discussing something similar today, and I just took my econometrics final today, so who gives a fuck?  :p 

4. I don't even know how you can pass an economics class and not become a Laissez-faire capitalist.

5. I know how you feel I've been doing finals too, I recieved my acceptance to graduate school though so I'm pretty stoked. 

6. Some profs teach the heresy of Keynes as gospel. 

7. Congrats on grad school. No professors at my University advocate Keynes that I know of (in the school of business and economics), but perhaps in the sociology department or something.  

Anyway, I don't see how making thousands or millions (possibly) of jobs illegal is supposed to help the economy. 

8. The NJ minimum wage rose a whole dollar this year. (I dont think it happened yet) Moreover, its expected to raise another doller each year for two more years?! It is already have small buisness owners start giving up and now we have the prices of bigger companies going up. "The dollar menu and more". My OPINION (get that straight) is that a minimum wage job should not have to support you and it should be for someone who only needs a minimum pay. If you want more money learn a trade.
    P.S. I don't want any arguments

-Peace

Sent from my banana using Grasscity Forum mobile app

Those people my friend are crumbling before us. Look at Detroit. We are living in there last great gasp for quite sometime. 

10. #10 joeblow82, Dec 10, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 10, 2013
    People should look into who the biggest lobbyist groups are for Illegal Immigration. Fast food industry, Walmart, Target and a legion of retailers. There all salivating at the opportunity to get rid of there striking workers who demand 15 bucks a hour and hire some newly made citizens who will work till they drop for the current minimum wage. 

That Super-Pac is lubing up every politicians pocket as well. This whole issue will be a dead issue once that happens, then the people demanding more will simply be unemployed. People think that companies and organizations do not respond to perceived threats. This is there response. The funny thing is everyone in America will continue to shop at Walmart, will continue to eat at McDonalds. There quarterly earnings kinda prove that most Americans do not give a shit about this issue. 

11. I vote yes........?Sent from my SPH-L710 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

12. Even if they fail they blame it on "capitalism" and their sheep support them even more.

13. if pay was based on skill and value of the resulting work done...our political employees in DC would each have a wage of less then 2 bits a day...

Class warfare is effective because it makes people feel bad. Its like anytime any sort of welfare or food stamp reform is proposed the conversation instantly becomes this wanna destroy the poor conversation and they win. The recent food stamp reduction is marginal it equates to not much per family but good god media made it sound like everyone was out to destroy them. 

15. Nope. They don't think Detroit failed because of economics. They think Detroit failed because they didn't have enough government intervention.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5F2SVBJeces

16. #16 joeblow82, Dec 11, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 11, 2013

Truly a demented woman and theory. They only have a tax base of 50,000-80,000 workers. Of that about 30,000 are government workers. Thats a population of 700,000 in that city. Even if they discharged the debt they own 100% in a city of that size to only have 50,000 workers well there never going to amount to much as a place. The Liberal agenda there was unchecked and we see the results. Better to just let the city fade away. You could bail out the whole place but when about 600,000 out of 700,000 have no job skills, no education, ultra poor that is what you get.