Minimum Veg Period?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Berry, May 25, 2009.

1. Is there a Minimum Vegging time that a plant needs to go through before I put it into flowering light schedule. What I was thinking about doing was vegging a mother plant, then taking clones and flowering them as soon as possible. I'm not worried about yield so I just wanted to know the minimum time a plant could be in veg stage before it is put in flower stage.

2. ive just switched a few plants over to flowering and i have only been vegging them about 12 days. I think 14 days is usually the minimum that people do however im going to see how this works out :)

3. I could be wrong, but I don't think you need to veg at all if you don't want to. I mean, it'll be just a single main stem with a big bud on it, I think, and it'll be pretty short, but yeah.

4. You are right.
    I always thought you need a plant to be mature to go into flowering (for fear of it turning hermie). But Toasty put up a link which gave me a different look on things. It's worth looking into.

5. Cool, do you know that link? I was thinking of how to keep a perpetual grow going in my space limitations. I just have a small dresser grow box I'm working on. I was thinking of just having a mother plant and clones in a veg chamber, and then as soon as the clones are rooted, I would put them in the flower chamber. I know I won't get very good yeilds, I just was wondering if it would work.

6. It was a while ago, i'd say if you do a search for '12/12 from seed' you should get it. Or google it.

7. If its a clone you can start flowering it anytime. I know a lot of people with SOG gardens that flip the plants after 3-6 days in veg.

8. It's all personal preference. Longer veg time equals bigger rootmass - bigger rootmass equals bigger flowers.