Minimum Size.

Discussion in 'Micro Grows' started by xmaverickx, Nov 30, 2012.

1. When growing indoors in a box or tent, what would be the minimum size required to yield 4 oz a week? I just moved and am planning on a new set up.

2. About 20ft by 20ft. A qp a week is not gonna happen. Marijuana doesn't grow like bamboo.

3. I was thinking of keeping 1 or 2 mothers and using clones to harvest faster. However, I got to thinking that it may get to be a hassle. I would also like to continue to try different strains.

So, what would be the minimum size tent/box to yield 1LB a harvest (2.5-3 months)

4. [quote name='"xmaverickx"']

I was thinking of keeping 1 or 2 mothers and using clones to harvest faster. However, I got to thinking that it may get to be a hassle. I would also like to continue to try different strains.

So, what would be the minimum size tent/box to yield 1LB a harvest (2.5-3 months)[/quote]

Depends on lighting. But mostly likely you'll need a pretty decent sized room. How much experience do you have growing and what is your budget?

5. #5 jetski, Nov 30, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 30, 2012
    this is what I would do....

dedicate a small room and section off 5 cells with mylar. each one being 3x3 foot square.
    3 of these will have a 400watt hps in each running at 12/12.
    1 of them will have 2 blue 125watt cfls running at 18/6
    1 of them will have 1 blue 125watt cfl running at 18/6

the single cfl cell will house a mother plant and a bunch of rooting clones
    the double cfl cell will house 9 plants in 1ft square pots for 3 weeks before moving to one of the three flower cells
    each of the flower cells will hold 9 plants for 9 weeks

my hypothesis is if you cut clones every 3 weeks, let them root and start growing in with the mother for 3 weeks and them move them to the veg cell for a further 3 weeks then moved to A flower cell for 9 weeks . this should eventually have you harvesting 9 plants every 3 weeks giving you about an oz per plant. this is the equivalent of 3oz per week. if everything went well you may well get 4oz per week