minimum light during 12/12

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Sexypenguin41, Dec 23, 2008.

1. i know that during the night cycle you should have absolute darkness, but i know a little light won't screw it up. (outdoor plants never really get pitch black darkness..moonlight, city lights etc.) I can't close my closet completely, so i hung a bed sheet over the doorway and closed the closet almost all the way (only about 2 inch gap). how much light would it take to ruin the night cycle? i'd like to watch tv and use my computer in my room after 6 p.m. lol. I was just wondering if anyone knew how much light it takes to mess things up

2. Its better for the plant to have its dark time although i don't think it will ruin your crop just may sacrifice the yield or possibly hermie your plant

3. well I would aim to keep it completly dark...not saying dont use your tv/pc...but maybe buy some black plastic and attach it to the top where you hung the sheet(use velcro so it comes off easier) during the day take it down or roll it up above closet door(assuming your doing this for venting purposes?) then at night when your in your room, drop it down and attach it to the bottom of wall with velcro to keep it as close to light tight as you can. Your plants not going to die with some light, but Im sure you didnt start your grow thinking Im gonna grow some seedy buds.

4. then why doesn't moonlight hermie plants outdoors?

5. let me tell you, if your grow room is not light proof, you will have hermies, i thought the same thing you did about the moon light, and i now have a few hermies and the amount of light in my flower chamber is still not bright enough to see my own hand,

so, for the record, any light is bad, learn the hard way.

6. [quote name='"ridge"racer']let me tell you, if your grow room is not light proof, you will have hermies, i thought the same thing you did about the moon light, and i now have a few hermies and the amount of light in my flower chamber is still not bright enough to see my own hand,

so, for the record, any light is bad, learn the hard way.[/quote]

Listen to "ridge"racer. Despite his avatars' winning good looks, he has some very good advice....... usually.;) ha ha....... yeah.:)

7. much rep to you there rr thanks for the tip for big tops]:p

8. #9 Mr. Stinky, Dec 24, 2008
    Last edited: Dec 24, 2008
    its got alot more to do with the intensity (proximity) than how bright it seems. outside, that streetlight is 100yards away... and the moon is also a long ways off. if you can keep ur computer and TV 100 yards away from your plant, use em:p

its the intensity or penetration of the light that breaks down proteins and hormones in the plant. no intensity=no hermies. walking up to ur outdoor plant a couple nights each week with ur 4 cell maglight will cause trouble as well. in general, man-made lights within 100 yards are a no-no.