minimum flowering hours

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by fokaz, Mar 4, 2007.

1. whats the smallest light period i can give to my plants?
    is there a good way to keep them from growing during flowering???like more dark period, super croping tecnikes etc???
    thanks al ot guys

2. i think a bunch of people are going to post and ask you to read the forums before u post questions like this... but i'll answer your question

Start by giving sprouts 24 hours of light for 60 days
    Then if you wish to flower early switch to 18/6
    When they show sex go to 10/14

All and all it will take you about 120-140 days to complete the grow. This is the method i use and I find that this method is simple and gives results.

use a fertillizer that says it helps blooming with low nitrogen toward the end of the grow (last 4 weeks)

3. Damn dude, 140 days, my plants sprouted on 10th of Dec and I'll be harvesting in 10-14 days, and I don't have tiny plants either.

Search on LST, it can be done in bonsia fashion, no need to fuck with light periods, veg = 24/0, flower = 12/12.

4. i read online, but the smallest time i was give was 12/12
    one of my plants has grown a bit too much, so now i wanted to know ways to keep it small during flowering, inclusive if more dark hours makes it grow less and keeps the buds bigs as well...
    they are fminine cause they are feminized seeds, so can i put them directly on 10/14?

5. Your not listening, shortening the light period will not shortening the plant infact it will have the opposite effect because it will cause streching. What you want to do is to train your plant to grow horizontally not vertically. LST is a way of accomplishing that. Check out dierwolfs post on LSTing.