Minimum Dimensions?

Discussion in 'Micro Grows' started by Thrillskater, Sep 12, 2010.

1. Hey Everyone,

I am trying to make my own micro grow, but conceal it as a night stand or cabinet type thing. What are the minimum dimensions (Width x depth x height) that i should consider when deciding what item to use as the grow box. Any suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks

2. width and lenght are a bit determined by the space in which you are going to set up your micro grow room. But I would focus on height the next time I build something, I really would like at least 1m50. Even if you go with a 50cmx50cm like my box, you could grow almost any plant (if only one) if the height permits...

keep us posted on your build

3. I have been looking at some night stands, that only measure around 30 inches high. Do you think with the lights and pots, the plants will have enough grow room in a box that size?

4. If you limit yourself to small plants, it could work, but don't forget there's also the pots themselves and the lamps taking up vertical space. In order to keep my plants small I got the lamps hanging from the ceiling of my box so I can adjust the height immediately