Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Minimum age

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by slipknotfreak32, May 16, 2007.

1. Hello, I know somone who is not yet an adult but I beleive could really use medical marijuana. This person suffers from BiPolor disorder,Insomnia, and anxiety. This person has very anti-drug parents, but they looked at a lot of research that makes them really want to consider giving their kid medical marijuana. They live in the state of nevada, about 5 minutes away from reno.

I was really wondering what the minimum age to receive medcal marijuana in nevada is? And how would they go about getting it?

Thanks.

2. check out norml.org they should have neveda's law on that. From what i understand anybody who can benefit from the use of medicinal marijuana can use it, age regardless... Now with that being said its going to be rare to find doctors giving rec's to teenagers... but it has happened..

3. With only 3 posts, this post is screaming under age, but there's no proof.
    Don't slip up ;)

4. ^^ haha word. Norml didn't say anything on age, but im pretty sure its 18.

This is what norml has

Nevada \t
    \tSUMMARY:Sixty-five percent of voters approved Question 9 on November 7, 2000, which amends the states' constitution to recognize the medical use of marijuana. The law took effect on October 1, 2001. The law removes state-level criminal penalties on the use, possession and cultivation of marijuana by patients who have “written documentation” from their physician that marijuana may alleviate his or her condition. Patients diagnosed with the following illnesses are afforded legal protection under this act: AIDS; cancer; glaucoma; and any medical condition or treatment to a medical condition that produces cachexia, persistent muscle spasms or seizures, severe nausea or pain. Other conditions are subject to approval by the health division of the state Department of Human Resources. Patients (or their primary caregivers) may legally possess no more than one ounce of usable marijuana, and may cultivate no more than seven marijuana plants, of which no more than three may be mature. The law establishes a confidential state-run patient registry that issues identification cards to qualifying patients. Patients who do not join the registry or possess greater amounts of marijuana than allowed by law may argue the “affirmative defense of medical necessity” if they are arrested on marijuana charges. To date, approximately 600 cards have been issued to registered patients.

5. I have been going to this site for a while now, I just made an account about a month or so ago...I like the pictures ;)

And I dont really like posting on forums very much.

6. 18 years old?? But kids as young as 5 are allowed amphetamine?

7. Simply call the state office which issues cards. They will tell you what is what. Since this is medical I bet there is no minimum age. We have paitents in Oregon under 18 (some a lot younger). The growers give the herb to the caregivers who are the parrents. They take it from there.

clinton