Minimum age to be a taxi driver?

Discussion in 'General' started by doctordre, Nov 1, 2010.

1. Anyone know?

Is it 18 or is it 21 or is it 25?

I've looked around and all it says is that you need to have a driver's license to try and get a taxi driver's license. But I'm sure there's a minimum age, right?

2. I do believe that it is 25 simply because they dont want a bunch of kids driving around all crazy in their cabs. Its 25 in my city.

3. Sheeeett...I'm 20.

It seems like just the perfect job. And I'm a perfect driver...never got a ticket or in an accident. Been driving heavily since age 16. At least it's the perfect job compared to my fast food job.

4. hey bro whens detox comin out?

5. How Do I Become a Taxi Driver?

6. Ha!

7. You really have to know someone to get a job as a taxi driver. It isn't easy.

It is a very unsafe profession as well.

8. Really? I was under the impression it was easy to get a taxi job...seeing as so many immigrants fresh off the boat get jobs as taxi drivers.

9. It's coming out in 2008.

10. Yeah, a Ukrainian taxi driver told me that when he came over he had some family already in the business and that was how he got the job. The agency's that own the cars are very leery about who they hire because they are pretty much giving you a car. So if you know someone already employed there that would be willing to put their shit on the line you will get the job.

He told me that's how almost all taxi drivers in the city (Toronto)are hired. They rarely hire off the street. I don't know all the details though.

11. I would imagine it's 25 for insurance purposes.

12. ITS DANGEROUS IN CERTAIN PARTS!
    [​IMG]

SO BE CAREFUL WHERE YOU CAB IT