Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Minimum Age for Medicinal Marijuana

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by Chipsncheesef, Oct 10, 2011.

1. Hi

What is the minimum age allowed for someone to obtain a medicinal marijuana card at the Venice Beach boardwalk?

I've read you need to be 18 for a medical card in California, but a few people told me someone at the age of 16 could get a medical recommendation at Venice Beach at age 16 WITHOUT their parents permission.

Is this true?

Note: this is for informational purposes only. a friend asked me if he could get his card at age 16 and he doesn't live with his parents

2. If your friend is a legally emancipated minor, the answer is yes.

Otherwise, a parent must give permission. Any place that will give a minor a "rec" without parental permission, is just asking for a visit from the Feds and the doctor will likely lose his license, nullifying his recs!

Granny