Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Minimizing Irritation

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by mellanmjolk, Jun 21, 2013.

1. Hi everyone!

I love joints. Oh god I love joints! <3

Trouble is, I'm an opera singer. My job demands perfect function and performance of my tools, one of the most important tool is the breathing system. Any irritation in any part of the larynx has a huge impact on the outcome. It can be a real pain in the ass sometimes to be honest.

Bong has never been my thing, pipes are way to hot burning and eating is just too much sometimes. Nothing beats coming home from a long day and rolling a nice joint. Sweet jesus.

What steps can one do to minimize the burn and irritation from joints?

I pack the part closest to the filter with tobacco so I can just throw that shit away when the spark comes too close, try to make tight filters to avoid inhaling chunks and also try and make them a bit longer than usual for further cooling.

Any tips would be greatly appreciated!

2. I don't really think there's a lot more you could do, seems you took all the steps. Not sure it's a proven thing but you could always try and let the smoke sit in your mouth a few seconds before inhalation.

3. have you ever tried a vaporizer? for your situation i would say that would be the best thing but uh water  always a good thing to have with smoking i guess shorter drags would be good but i would seriously look into vapes

4. Your right! A vaporizer is a wonderful suggestion. I have a Wychwood vaporizer and it's pretty much my daily driver, that and a mini beaker with diffuser and vape bowl attachment. 

Vapour is great, I feel much better then I did in my bong smoking days, not to mention the taste. :hello:

5. Not using tobacco would be a good start. Vapes are nice too

6. Wow! An opera singer seems like it would be fun! But I recommend you get like a one hitter or a vape! Then I would say use a bow and pack little snappers all te time!