Minicloset led experiment

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Tellus, Apr 28, 2010.

1. High Everyone!

After a few years of darkness the sun is shining in the closet again :D!

I got curious about the new led-lights and decided to try one out in a smaller scale just to see if they work. I got a 50watt led ufo-growlight and an additional 60watt of fluorescent light covering an area of 65x65 cm so this type of growing might be an option for those who have a very limited growing area but still want to grow their own high quality weed. Unfortunately I had some minor problems with the soil in the beginning which resulted in slow-growth but after some treatment they got back on track and on these pictures they are 11 weeks, approximately 20-22 inches and one week into flowering.

SuperSkunk – Sativa Dom?
    [​IMG]

SuperSkunk – Indica Dom?
    [​IMG]
    Both plants are SuperSkunk grown from seed but the plants show very different qualities…

I have to say that I am really pleased with the result so far considering how little energy that is actually put into this project and I got really surprised about how bushy they got during the vegetative stage. I still have some doubts about whether or not the light will be enough to produce any serious amount of bud so these next weeks will be interesting…

I can only hope that they will keep on surprising me all the way to the end…

Cheers,

Peace out… :)