Mini split systems

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by vkambull, Jul 3, 2013.

1. Hey looking to purchase a mini split for the first time. Found a good deal on a senville leto 24 btu 16 seer. Does anyone have any experience with senville? Or should I be looking for a lg? My room got robbed last week so between moving setup and losing a crop, cash is kinda an option, but i don't want to have to buy another one six months down the road. Thanks in advance, Ambull

2. I don't have any experience with the brands you mention, but I believe there are only a few manufacturers of mini splits, and a lot or name badging going on.  There are the expensive ones from Japan, and the more affordable models from China.  

The gotcha on mini splits is the installation.  If you're planning to install it yourself, be sure to budget for a pump and gauge set.  It's beyond the scope of these forums to explain the setup, you'll have to research this yourself.  

If installation is a consideration, and you don't want to hire someone to work at your grow, Ideal Air retrofits standard mini splits with fittings that will allow you to install it without any special tools. 

Have you considered how you'll secure the new AC yet?

Cheers,
    Past

3. I don't have any experience with the brands you mention, but I know others good brands like:

DAIKIN:
    Daikin stays at the forefront of ultra-efficient inverter technology as well as creating safer refrigerants to keep up with the global demand to reduce CO2 emissions. They are the inventor of the variable refrigerant volume system (VRV) and an innovator in the split system air conditioning market.Daikin has also co-developed R-410A refrigerant with Carrier. They are the only manufacturer to produce their own refrigerant and compressors.

MIDEA:
    Midea is currently the worlds number 1 brand of air treatment products, air conditioners, heat pumps, window and portable air coolers. They have annually won 40 + design awards at a variety of global design shows such as iF, Red Dot, Google Design, and others. As of July 2016 it has been on the list of Fortune 500 companies.