Mini Split Inside head unit freezing!

Discussion in 'Do It Yourself' started by Wholeassin18, Nov 5, 2018.

1. Hey everybody!

This is my first post on a first run of a sealed room set up. Got the girls all vegged out with no problem (Separate Room) but after switching them to the flowering space which has 10 - 1000 watt lights and 60k BTU of cooling (12k unit and 48k unit) my inside head unit (48k) keeps freezing over after feed/water. This causes temps to soar and is damaging plants with heat stress! Luckily we are still testing this room and have yet to make a full flip to 12/12 while kinks are worked out. Initially we thought it was a condensate drain problem which was the culprit. This problem did exist but was rectified. Now everything is draining as it should but the head unit is still freezing over! We did do some construction in that room prior so it could be dirty filters? From what I can see and understand they don’t appear to be though. Could be low refrigerant but I had that part professionally done so it should be OK. Having the company coming back out but really want to know if you guys have any advice or experience to offer. My main concern is that the ceiling mounted head unit is not fit for this kind of use or is oversized even though my research would suggest otherwise. This would screw me as I am nearly out of money to put into this operation. Any info appreciated! Link to unit spec page and photos below.

48000 BTU Ductless Mini Split heat pump Ceiling Floor

IMG_2930.JPG
    IMG_2931.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. It's low on refrigerant or the filters are clogged or it just can't get enough air moving.
    Refrigerant is my guess

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. could it be that your humidity is to high after the feeding and with to much moisture in the air it may cause it