Mini Lab Reboot

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by 907guy, Jan 17, 2017.

1. #1 907guy, Jan 17, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 27, 2017
    Time to start Round 2 in the mini-lab!

1x Blueberry clone topped
    SCROG 2"x2" spacing
    28"x28" screen inside to inside
    36"x36" Tent
    1x Mars Hydro Reflector 96 (200w actual draw)
    1x Mars Hydro II 700w (300w actual draw)
    1x 18 Gal. tote
    2x 15LPM air pumps
    4x 4" air stones
    6" exhuast fan w/ carbon filter
    General Hydropinics trio

IMG_4550s.jpg IMG_4563s.jpg IMG_4561s.jpg

Round 1: First grow, 36"x36" tent, DWC, LED, GS Cookies,
    Round 1 - 2x Girl Scout Cookies clones in 5 gal DWC bubblers flowered under the Mars Hydro Mars II only. LST and topped
    IMG_3931.JPG APC_0282.jpg

Round 2 I've decided to do a single plant this time, in my first grow, one plant crowded out the other, it produced about 132g while the other only 38.

I have a blueberry clone this time

2. Everything is coming along well! She's starting to fill the screen.

IMG_4669.JPG IMG_4671.JPG IMG_4674.JPG

3. #3 907guy, Feb 6, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 8, 2017
    Back with an update and today marks the start of 12/12!

I bumped up the nutrients just a bit too high and slowed her down for a day or two but I was quick to fix it. Blueberry is definitely lighter nutrients, this one has been liking .6 EC/320ppm max.

It's now under both Mars Hydro lights, 500w actual draw in a 36x36 tent, it is intense in there. I had to adjust my cold air intake and cycle my exhaust fan differently to maintain resevoir temps.

Doing this I now have 65*F reservoir temps with 82-85*F canopy temps and no active cooling for the water! This is with the help of my baffle.

IMG_4831.JPG IMG_4833.JPG IMG_4835.JPG

• Like Like x 2
  4. looking good. What day are the plants on in the above pics?

• Like Like x 1
  5. #5 907guy, Feb 8, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 8, 2017
    Thanks! The clones were purchased from a local shop and dropped into the netpots on 12/31/16, they went through a day or two of shock it seemed, first root cleared the netpot on 1/5/17, I consider that the start of veg because so far each time the plant doesn't seem to do much until the roots clear the net pot.

So it vegged for a little over 4 weeks. It seems like a much slower grower than the run of GSC I did, however the stems are all much thicker. I'm hoping they will produce some quality flower.

6. Ahhh nice... i havent tried any clones yet.... but yours might change my mind haha cuz they look nice.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Nice Setup, Those First Grow Pics Are Beautiful! I'm looking forward to seeing how this grow turns out

• Like Like x 2
  8. Thank you! The first grow was very fun and I was very happy with the results. This blueberry is really starting to take off now though! It has an impressive root system already, I think it may fill the entire tub by the end if it doesn'r slow down!

A few quick phone shots from today.
    IMG_4848.JPG IMG_4849.JPG IMG_4850.JPG

• Like Like x 1
  9. Back for another update!

Tomorrow will be 2 weeks since 12/12 flip. She's coming along nicely!

It looks like the flowers are stacking in nice and dense and she's in full stretch. I've stopped tucking them in, if any get out of control I'll just tie it down to the net some.

Ph was dropping on me, I think a combination of salt build up and ec being slightly on the high side so i did a full water change today, hopefully the only one I will have to do this grow.

I also doubled my air, I now have 2 15LPM pumps and 4 4" stones to help circulate the water around the massive root system it has developed.

IMG_4942.JPG IMG_4944.JPG IMG_4945.JPG IMG_4948.JPG

• Like Like x 1
  10. #10 907guy, Mar 11, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 11, 2017
    Got a little behind with the updates but she's coming along nicely!

35 days since flip, about 28 days into flower ish?

Still has a good 4+ weeks to go.

Looks like she's going to finish at about 16" tall. The colas are not very long, but they are packed from top to screen and there are allot of them. They are fattening up nicelely too and Hopefully it will pack on much more weight over the next few weeks. I have some heat stress going on a bit when my temps were running high but it should be good now.

The tent smells amazing and strongly like blueberry and grape.

IMG_5114.JPG IMG_5116.JPG IMG_5118.JPG IMG_5120.JPG

11. #11 907guy, Mar 25, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 25, 2017
    Day 41 of flower, end of week 6

It is about 28"x28"x17" tall, most of the colas are in the 6-7" range.

I learned a lesson with light distance and heat on this one. Turns out the white tips are minor light bleaching. I also scorched the leaves, many are crispy and curling in. The flowers seem ok though aside from the tips of some of the colas.

I'm not quite sure what to expect out of this one but I'm guessing around 5oz. It still smells amazing and they have continued to fatten up. They should have arpund 2 weeks to go, hopefylky not much longer!

IMG_5233.JPG IMG_5237.JPG IMG_5238.JPG IMG_5239.JPG

• Like Like x 2
  12. One plant lookin damn good...good work brother... im jealous lol

• Like Like x 1
  13. Your plants look great. I just stuck my clones in today; it Wil be a while for that sweet smell to fill my room :) do you have a PAR meter for your lights?

• Like Like x 1
  14. Thanks! I actually have a new project as soon as this one is done. Adding 2 more 3x3 tents, so 2 for flower 1 plant each and 1 tent for veg. Switching to top feed in rockwool, 5-8 week veg, perpetual. Should be a fun project!

Thank you for the compliments!

I need a new filter or something, this one worked great the first run but it doesnt seem to be helping the smell much now.

I dont but it's blazingly brite in there!

• Like Like x 1
  15. I did a waterchange yesterday and snapped a pic of the roots in the empty tub. It isnt very good as the plant/screen can not be removed from the tent so I had to lift the top some to get the pic. Roots look nice and healthy!

IMG_5543.JPG

• Like Like x 2
  16. Love them smelly plants :) look into a cheap par meter it really helps.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Yeah boyee love those roots! Looking great

• Like Like x 1
  18. Throwing up a couple pictures more for size, it's still throwing fresh pistils so it may get bigger yet but I'm not expecting much more. Everything has been phone pics so far, I'll bust out the camera next weekend maybe for some better quality pics.

It's hard to tell but ypu can see some faint purples starting to come out in the flower in the last shot.

Also checked the trichomes just to confirm she still needs around 2 weeks and they are still looking mostly clear/cloudy.

I'm over 6' so don't have small hands.

IMG_5553.JPG IMG_5556.JPG IMG_5578.JPG IMG_5581.JPG

• Like Like x 1
  19. Checked the Trichomes, chop day is here!

Today is day 56, took a few pictures abd removed all the fan leaves last night and disabled the light timer.

Today I'll cut the net strings, cut the trunk and hang the entire thing upside down in the same tent. More pics later today to follow.

Here are a bunch of phone pics, some with flash to show the frost!

IMG_5608.JPG IMG_5617.JPG IMG_5620.JPG IMG_5633.JPG IMG_5639.JPG IMG_5644.JPG IMG_5647.JPG IMG_5648.JPG IMG_5650.JPG

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  20. Root ball! This was an 18gal tote. It swallowed the airstones completely!

IMG_5655.JPG