Mini honeycomb with steampunk copper dome

Discussion in 'Concentrate Tools' started by DaborDietryin, Feb 5, 2015.

1. Warning shit is ratchet as fuck, I fused a bong slide on to get a male on there after the original male joint broke, but it works alas and I let not yet another rig enter the graveyard early. The bowl cracked when I heated it up too quick cause I have to be quick with the torch since this wastes my MAP, but i heated the whole thing up and sealed it kinda. I also threw it in a wood burner after melting, not full blast but one that smoldering to act as a kiln to a degree, and I didnt crack my piece other than the original joint so I got this set up and switched back to a glass nail and butane torch for everyday, cans are cheaper than prop/mapp and I need that for other stuff too.

I got this dome (and a broken rig) to settle a debt between me and my friend. Seeing as he had nothing but a rig with a coincidental broken joint but yet awesome dome alongside negative nearly 300 dollars, I said yo wassup with that, and that settled it haha.

unsure of who made this dome, but i really love it, the handle adds a pretty nice feel, but the copper seems to love heat and hold it for a while but I dont mind since its winter. 

dabbin on some OG Kush, Cant confirm since I havent had a good understanding of any Kushes because of shitty availability other than the guy i got this from, but it hits wonderfully, describe some Og kush oil traits if you guys can and help me confirm this. It tastes really sweet and pungent, and I can literally taste it in the back of my throat for a while. 

Attached Files:

2. is that a colored glass nail....

3. Cool on saving the rig. That thing does look janky as fuck though. Why not just buy a new cheap rig? That one looks like a generic china rig. You could prob get a new one for $50 or less(china glass of course).

4. god i hope not lol

5. #5 DaborDietryin, Feb 6, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 6, 2015

Cool on saving the rig. That thing does look janky as fuck though. Why not just buy a new cheap rig? That one looks like a generic china rig. You could prob get a new one for $50 or less(china glass of course).

it is colored. i found the thread though and i really didnt think of that. fixed, the nail was heating up pretty fast even though it was larger than any other glass nail i had

Attached Files:

6. what is that??

its a ti nail

8. Interesring, I don't think I've seen one like that before

9. That looks like just the head of one of my nails. Strange

yeah it is just the head off of mine, it fits nicely in some 18mm males.

11. Oh dear oh dear..

Chef.

12. Nice dome.
    Not so nice rig.

13. Looky here OP. >>>>>   http://www.dhgate.com/store/product/2015-feb-newest-glass-bong-9-quot-inches/229098432.html
    You could get that for less than $40. That's a hell of a lot nicer than that piece.

Your friend still owes you i'd say.

But for what it's actually worth, which is probably about $30 new, it's not a bad rig at all. One honeycomb on a tiny piece is pretty sweet. And with the broken joint it wasn't worth taking. BUT if you can find a way to keep it working long term, than theres nothing wrong with it.

14. im boutta drop $40 just so i can say i have a fab Lmao

15. #15 trixman22, Feb 8, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 8, 2015
    I am so about to pull the trigger on this. It would be my only china glass but a Fab for $40? I would be willing to bet one could easily sell those on craigslist for double the cost.

Just saw the shipping times eh. For sure coming from china as it takes about a month to arrive.

16. #16 DabsOnTheMountain, Feb 8, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 8, 2015
    All the pieces I've ordered from that seller are here within 2 weeks. My friend has become a china glass fanatic and his pieces rarely take more than 2 weeks too, from any sellers on dhgate.

And I'm thinking about buying this too.

But this sort of proves how much an actual fab or something is really worth. I thought a fab egg was so expensive because it took legit glass masters to twist glass on itself like they do on an actual fab egg. But now i'm not impressed. While you definitely get what you pay for, and I still have no idea how a fab is made, a clear Mothership fab egg isn't worth $2,500. No matter what you say. I feel like they rip people off like crazy. If that piece of china glass is worth $40, then a clear Mothership fab egg shouldn't be more than $1000. Then the $20,000 pieces are just complete BS. I can't believe they would even make them. Give it to a museum if you honestly believe it's worth that much. Someones just gonna break it eventually.

Oh, and I found this:
    http://grasscity.com/products/black-lip-wrapped-faberge-egg-with-ti-nail  ( I can't get the link to work, search egg on their site, first one i think)
    Same piece as:
    http://www.dhgate.com/store/product/50pcs-lot-new-glass-bong-with-/214510110.html

Look how much they raised the price... It's the same piece. Smoke cartel, thick quality glass, and DandLco all do the same thing. The cheaper pieces are all straight off dhgate.