Mini Growbox ver0.70

Discussion in 'Micro Grows' started by LegalizePL, Aug 28, 2019.

1. So I would like to say hello to everybody. All of you have inspired me to make this build. It's my first ever build. As everybody I had a lot of questions and doubts. I've been planning this for quite some time to be honest in my head, and never thought that I'll be sharing this with you. But as I'm progressing with it it seems pretty promising so I thought why not. Someone might use some of my ideas.
    I will post some of the pictures of the build so far. I should get it finished by end of the weekend. But this is how it went. Obviously I wanted the build to be cheap look decent and of course work properly. I still need to make intake hole, put the isolation on, and make a insertable air filter for the back hole. All due to come. I hope you like my build any questions I'm happy to answer. Have a green day.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  2. Pretty sweet man, are you going one plant at a time in there?

3. Yes, one plant only. The base is about foot square.

4. Niceeee, what kind of yeild are you hoping to achieve out that bad boy?

5. Honestly I'm hoping for around 20g so it lasts me for another 10-12weeks if there will be more then I'll live with that too. Haha . I'm not a super stoner. But I've seen guys on yt getting 10-15 from a PC box.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Grasscity Forum mobile app

6. I'm aiming to create close to perfect conditions for a single plant. We'll see how it works out. It always looks good on paper but reality is different.

7. So this is the progres I've made so far. Still have few bits to do here and there. As you can see I've made an intake which I've decided to add a fan to. I've put insulation and sealed it all inside and out. Door need repainting as I used different ones. The light is mounted and wires need soldering other then that and filter this is pretty much it. received_2119222138381420.jpeg received_2400100316979173.jpeg 20190831_182155.jpg 20190831_182119.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  8. That thing is sick af man, what kind of leds are thoes?

• Like Like x 1
  9. Even if they last for 1 plant, and need replacing for next one they still cheap, as long as they work.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Loving the shit out of this project... Damn... Well done bro.
    Here's my 1 sq foot microgrow using an old server box

You can check out this journal to see how I trained the plant.
    The 1 sq ft Microgrow, any ideas on how to scrog this?[​IMG]

Sent from my POCOPHONE F1 using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 3
  11. So ive the project is pretty much complete now with the carbon filter. That's it. 20190907_140230.jpg 20190907_140242.jpg 20190907_150717.jpg 20190907_150844.jpg 20190907_150932.jpg

• Like Like x 2
    • Like Like x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Nice man and so it begins, im looking forward to see the end result and your yeild out that box man, keep up the good work happy growing my friend

13. All the best bud! It's a fun project. A little training goes a long way.

Mine is in flower right now.[​IMG]

Sent from my POCOPHONE F1 using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  14. Thanks, I'll keep posting some pictures every couple of days to share how the plant is doing. Overall the strain isn't massive so I'm not expecting super yeld. It's my first plant so I need to learn some stuff too. Hopefully everything works well and all I'm going to post is progress :) good day gentlemen

• Like Like x 2
  15. What are your temps like?

I'm sceptic about your fans pushing through so much carbon.. Looks like 10cm deep layer?

My fans are struggling with about 20mm layer, planing to reduce to 15mm soon

Do you have a passive intake?

Also it's better to pull air out through the filter with PC fans..

Plan on some refinements if you want ideal conditions..
    I had to start over with my box as it was getting too hot, separated the lights and they are vented by unrestricted 60mm fans, 3 off them..

Check my box out, it's in the same section :)

16. The temps are around 23°C to 25°C. Depending on temperature in room.
    I mounted 4-120mm fans. They aren't branded so I'm assuming they are pulling about 100CFM all together. Which means its pulling a lot more air then the box holds itself. There is about 6cm intake vent. Inside the went I've put a 2cm carbon activated sponge. Also works as light trap. Although the vent has a housing which helps to. The filter itself is about 37cm wide 13high and 10 deep. You guessed right. In the filter I've put things in this order: 2cm carbon sponge. 2 bags of 500g of activated carbon pellets. Also I've put another 200g in loose, but that's only because when I was ordering things for the filter I didn't know how much volume those pellets have. On top of pellets I've put another 2 layers of carbon foam, to make the filter bags sit firmly and tightly. And that's pretty much what I did there. Of course before I've even bought the seeds I've tested box and filter for temperature, and odour for 7days and nights 24/7. Everything worked fine so I went with it.

17. Cool, surprised it works so well:)
    Running them fans at full 12V?
    Loud? :p

Also, how do you test for odour?