Mini growbox idea??

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by stonerjoe, Sep 23, 2007.

1. So i wont be growing anything until i go to college next year, but i thought id start preparing now by building the growbox. Im trying to keep it small so it'l be easily hidden. im wondering is 2ft high too small? Im planning on using low stress training to keep the plants low. Here are my plans:
    [​IMG]
    also I'm planning on using one of these 125w CFLs if that makes any difference:
    [​IMG]
    Any comments, criticisms or ideas very welcome, I'm a complete beginner so anything will help! Thanks all:smoke:

2. You have a good idea going but you need a way to either bring the light closer to the plant or bring the plant closer too the light, and i say with that space you should be able too grow at least 1plant too full bud. but its a sound idea, you might need more then one computer fan pulling out the hot air.

3. I am in the process of constructing something similar to this, a problem that Ive been thinking about is light entering through the hole where the computer fan goes. You might need to try and use some a PVC elbow or something to put an angle in there so light won't get through. Also I've heard to paint the inside black so it won't reflect light. I don't have the perfect solution yet but I figured it might be a concern of yours too since you don't want light leaking in and fucking up the flowering cycle.

4. i was hopeing to do a growbox like this for a mother if i ever get one so i hope it works i=out for you but it looks pretty good to me but you are gonna have to get the light closer or something or it will stretch like crazy

5. cool man im plannin sumtin very similiar to this, learned alot alredy:D i'll be keepin an eye on it. best of luk 2 u:metal:

6. I disagree about the plant stretching too much with the light less than 2' away from it. (gotta take into consideration the height of the pot and clearance for the light. I'm thinking that there will be maybe 15-16" between the top of the dirt and the light.

I'm growing in a 37" tall box and my lights are mounted just below the top so I'm guessing there are about 25" between the top o dirt and lights. My plants have grown really well in there without moving stuff around.

He's going to use a 125W cfl and I'm using 4 ea. 27W and 2 ea. 23W cfls...so basically the same wattage.

[​IMG]

See, no stretchy.
    [​IMG]

7. Thanks all for the advice so far,very helpful, keep the suggestions coming! Oldskool you mind me askin how far along is that plant in the second picture? Thanks again for all your ideas:smoke:

8. I don't remember if that was three weeks or five weeks from cutting. I took three cuttings at the same time and grew 1 outside au naturel, the other two went in the box. At three weeks there wasn't room for both of them so I moved the biggest one outside to flower and grew the third for another 2 weeks before taking more cuttings and setting it outside to heal and flower.

That box will vegetate some herb! I'm very happy w/ the results. The only trouble is that it fills up really quick. So far I've been vegging inside and flowering outside and that is going well. The link in my sig is what I've done w/ 1 seed on my first grow.

EDIT: The caption had the info: Aug12 Grow Box Veg. 5 wks.

9. Oh sorry didnt see that. Wow! I didn't think you could get that big a plant in just 5 weeks, well done, hopefully I can do the same now:D

10. gotta make sure you're clear...this is five weeks from cutting (cloning) From seed in soil I don't think the plant will be that big...but hey, I hope it is.