Mini grow.

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by CaptianJaneway, Nov 17, 2015.

1. #1 CaptianJaneway, Nov 17, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 17, 2015
    How can I grow a super small plant with nice big buds? I have seen pictures, but I have also done a lot of research on the topic and all of the info is so jumbled and different. If anyone has a direct answer as to how, I will go buy seeds and start a grow journal. I'm really interested as I am low on space and $. Thanks everyone ️️

2. topping super croping scrog low veg times theres a million ways to acgeive a small high yeilding plant

3. LST!

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

4. I have done research on all of them XD have yet to try a few of them out. Are there any strains that seem to work better with these methods? I have only experimented with white widow.

5. do the research compare the results don't cheap out maybe ask local people a local dispensary idk

6. I seen some strains of kush that appear to be essentially a cola and thats about it.

7. Reality is that those great looking pictures of small plants covered in fat nuggets are the result of painstaking care and attention, and either a couple of 'practice' grows for experience or a lot of planning and common sense. It's just topping and LST, but the plants are kept healthy and the training is done in a thoughtful, deliberate way. Some plants might be more suitable for it than others for whatever reason, but there's no shortcut.

8. I am so down for the challenge. My first grow ever I used LST. It was too much fun. Not expecting any short cuts. I thing I'm going with White Dwarf.

9. #9 howando, Nov 18, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 18, 2015
    Try "mainlining". The idea is that you grow a few nodes, then cut the top off so there's only one pair of nodes like a "T". Let them grow a few more days then top each of those so you have two growing tips on each side now. Each of those can be grown out and then topped again, so you go from 1 main cola to 2-4-8-16 tops. Because all of them are symmetrical, they are all "equal" to the plant, and hopefully they will all be "main" colas. If any other small growing tips start popping up snip them off to keep it tidy, focus on the main tips rather than these secondary ones. You can let them grow out and cut back a few nodes at once, it seems harsh but as long as there are leaves and growing tips at the nodes the plant will recover well. LST each of the growing tips to keep them low, and you can either space them around the edge of the pot or spread them out into a Scrog net.

edit: I have a couple of pics of where i've done this before, they are a bit untidy though they needed a lot of shoots snipping off.
    View attachment 1291842 View attachment 1291843

10. Thank you for this!! Trimming the little nodes is something I didn't do last time. Will do this time!! The pix help too, thank you so much!