Mini Fridge!

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by Keep It Green, Oct 25, 2010.

1. Hey GC this is my mini fridge grow box. Its 100% light proof and temps stay around 83. i know its a little high but my last plant loved it before she had to be torn down from the move. anyways tell me what you think. give me tips, advice, tell me im dumb for something i did wrong haha. :wave:

Attached Files:

2. You kill the lights on the power strips, do not want them kicking off even a little light in the dark. Also maybe you could go with a bulb like this.

Sylvania 20559 - CF36DF/830 - 36 Watt - 4 Pin 2-G10 Base - 3000K - CFL Light Bulb

Put one of them up top and 4 on the sides going to have like 14k lumen in there then and they are very low profile. Then you could also place a couple small cfl ballasts back by the timer to power the lights. Would cost you maybe 50 for a set of bulbs then if you go with fulham ballasts like a work horse 5 and power 3 lamps off of each that set you back another 50 then a couple bucks for each socket. If your interested in something like that can work up a wiring diagram for it.

3. maybe take that filter off of the fan,and put it on the other end. So the fan pulls air easier, pushing air through the filter.

otherwise looks good

4. yeah i plan on painting over the little lights on the power strip. thanks for the idea for the bulbs and ballasts but this is just a test run until i can get all my equipment for a full grow :wave:

5. Which fan? the big black one on the back is just a piece of black cloth to help with light. the one with the drier sheet is just a light trap and drier sheet but i plan on movin the light trap inside soon anyways :hello:

6. o and i plan on paintin the light traps white

7. If your adventurous you could crack the strip open and disconnect the light even if it is solder in just cut the leads off flush and it will be perfectly ok. Depending on what they use for light it is often optically separated from circuit if it is a quality power strip.

8. yeah im not to worried about it im sure i can paint over it. if not i can tape over it because i dont even use those switches on them