Mini Fridge

Discussion in 'DIY and Homemade' started by Mr_Good_Guy, Oct 25, 2016.

1. Hello everyone, I'm new to GC and currently working on my 1st indoor grow.
    The Setup: I Have a min fridge 14x14x27 that I'm currently housing 7-Green Crack seedlings. All of the wiring, cooling system, etc has been removed. I drilled 2-3in holed in the back of it along with a 1in hole for all my power wires. I have 1 CDL 65watt light along with a makeshift ac unit.
    As of right now only 4 are showing roots but yet sprouted. They are sitting in rockwool in a tray on top of a heating pad. My average temp ranges between 78-81 and my humidity is at 50%.

Everything seems to be looking good but I just want more experienced growers to check out my setup and tell me what can be done to improve my setup. In 2 weeks I'll be buying a grow tent along with everything else I need. This mini fridge will mainly be used for clones when I start to get the ball rolling.

Please feel free to give advise. Thx in advance.

P.S. Can someone walk me thru how to upload pictures?

• Like Like x 1
  2. Here are the pics...

Attached Files:

3. Here's a few pictures of my mini fridge it's my first grow

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  4. Sweet! You put a lot of thought into yours. How old were your babies in these pictures? I was having a hard time trying to keep a decent temp and I work a lot so I couldn't really control it so I started my dwc in my closet.

5. 1 week 3 days

Attached Files:

6. The solo cups are about a month and a half the big one is 2 months. I have a grow tent to flower but I'm re vegging In the mini fridge. The big one is my mainlining project the solo cups I'm going to transplant

7. I want to try dwc but figured I would go with soil for my first time

8. I did a lot of research on dwc. I decided to go with dwc due to the minimum waste I'll be required to dispose of.

9. that's good to hear I'm definitely going to make the switch when I have the money to invest in it. Any suggestions on what one and where to get it?

• Like Like x 1
  10. Honestly, I'm only luke 3 weeks new lol. I got most of my stuff from walmart, home depot and the local hydro store in my city. I've spent about $200. I started with my mini fridge just because I didn't have the money. Now that I've moved to my closet, I'm going to use the fridge for clones. Next step is grow tent, mars hydro led and carbon filter. What type of lights are you using?

11. Mars hydro 2 for $140 on eBay I like them a lot I will send pics of my tent tomorrow the lights are off now I have a 2x2 ft tent 5'3 tall so it will fit in most closets

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  12. 1 month into flower

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  13. I hope you didn't ruin a perfectly good mini fridge.. they're for cold beers. Anyhow small real estate grows are always entertaining I wish you the best of luck. Be vigilant for males in such a small space.

14. Nice. I think I'm going to go ahead and buy a tent. How long did you veg?

15. The bigger ones I vegged for almost 2 months the then and the solo cups about a month. I started 23 seeds hoping for half females and they were all females so I transplanted the first 6 that showed there sex and left the rest in solo cups

16. Oh damn 23 seeds... I ordered my 6 from crop seeds. Are u n a MJ legal state?

17. Yea I was working at a dispensary untill the the gov. Said we could only have 3 patients. Hopefully after this election it will go back to the way it was. I collected about a hundred seeds while trimming. My next project is building a dresser grow box. The lights I have are only good directly under it so my tent is too big and I plan on focusing my time on 2-4 plants at a time and mainlining them

18. Oh ok that's cool...