Mini Fridge grow!

Discussion in 'Micro Grows' started by Fritter, Aug 15, 2012.

1. Hello GC! This is my first time growing and I just wanted to let you guys know what you think!!

There will be updates :) just waiting on the seeds!

I bought fox farm potting soil with happy frog 6-4-4 fertilizer!

I gutted out this old mini fridge and I carved the back for the exhaust and intake and added some drill holes for passive intake. Attached the fans together with a old 12v adapter lying around. ( thank god for those GC tutorials right?!)

Does the lightning look okay? I have more 6500k and 2700k bulbs I just didn't add them in...

Anyone think I should just do regular lst or scrog? Both seem to achieve its goal but unsure on what to do in here...

Is it also able to cure the weed in there but take out the intake??

Any other tips or suggestions for this micro grow would be awesome!!

Attached Files:

2. Odor control with only CPU fans seems to be tricky too....

3. Be sure to go to the DIY subforum and read the DIY Carbon Scrubbers, or search rumple foreskin and refer to his, it'll make a huge difference without a huge spike in costs!

4. Also, the cab looks really nice, I've considered something similar, but never had a mini fridge to spare :( jealous!

5. Thanks! I just added another exhaust in the back! With 3 bulbs temps are 75-83 but with 4 it gets to 103... And this is without the plant, should I just screw the 4th??

I heard that carbon scrubbers don't work effectively with CPU fans?? Heard oscillating is better but I don't have room for one:(

6. Found another fan to use in the psu!!

image-144810020.jpg

Hooked that baby up and used it as another exhaust so I have my intake on my left ( in the picture) and 2 exhausts next to it! Installed a lot of passive intake holes, helped a lot on decreasing the heat.

Room runs at a steady 81F with 52 rH! Hopefully when the flowering stages come I'll be able to lower it around 75 or 78...

But anyways stay tuned!! THIS WEEEKEND IS HEMPFEST IN WA!! So I'm going to try to score a clone from my friend if he's high enough ;)

7. THE SEEDS ARE HERE!!!

image-611698302.jpg

Got these from The attitude! At first I was pretty frustrated... Since it took 9 days for it to get to the US but when it did it got here the next 2 days so I was satisfied in the end!!

Got Afghani Milk and UFO #4 I think, one of the freebies :)

Finally finished my little grow box! Stays at 75-82 with 45 rH during the day and 62-65 at 60% at night so I'm happy :D

About to slap one of these in some moist towels!

Stay tuned!!

8. #8 Fritter, Aug 24, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 24, 2012
    Planted my afghani milk in the soil and just watered it with pH'ed water

image-2169898748.jpg

I wrapped the UFO in paper towel!

image-3523266840.jpg

Anyone know know how long it takes for it to germinate?

I was also wondering about which flower fert I should get... I have happy frog acid loving plants with 6-4-4 but I feel like it won't be enough down the road.

9. 18-24 hours sometimes, make sure the paper towel stays moist and that that plate is in a dark warm area

10. [quote name='"DankHerbologist"']18-24 hours sometimes, make sure the paper towel stays moist and that that plate is in a dark warm area[/quote]

Thanks for the quick reply. Yeah I have a bowl over that baby with the lights on. Would it be okay to spray water on it??

11. Don't spray it unless the towel is dry and it keep it dark, not under lights until its in soil

12. [quote name='"DankHerbologist"']Don't spray it unless the towel is dry and it keep it dark, not under lights until its in soil[/quote]

I have a bowl over it to keep it dark :p keeping lights on for some warmth!

13. the things about those lights being stationary..you can't move them closerto/further from the plants. Could be a problem, as CFL's need to be like 2 inches away..

14. [quote name='"Carl Poot"']the things about those lights being stationary..you can't move them closerto/further from the plants. Could be a problem, as CFL's need to be like 2 inches away..[/quote]
    I can move them around, going to move those 2 upright cfls lower when those babies have broken out

15. Been having some problems germinating... This is my first grow so I'm trying out different methods of germinating my seeds!

I got one seed in paper towel in a bag, and another in some FF soil....

It's been at least 35 hours, am I doing something wrong??:O

Any help is well appreciated!!!

16. #16 Fritter, Aug 26, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 27, 2012
    Update 2

Was worried my seed wasn't going to sprout, but today I took a look...

AND BAM!! BABY GREEN!!

image-2798794666.jpg

This is my first grow so I'm just overwhelming with happiness!! Hope this plant stays strong and healthy!

May your thumbs stay green.

-Fritter

17. Update 3

Seed has been growing nicely! But I'm worried about the really purple stem... Just genetics? Or am I just babying it too much??

image-584980967.jpg
    image-1960655513.jpg

Still no germination on the UFO gonna wait another week before giving up :(

18. purple stem is fine

19. Update 4

My afghan milk is starting to grow its 2nd pair of leaves and is growing like a champ! STILL no germination on the UFO so fuck it lol!

image-2055882497.jpg
    image-2027014199.jpg

20. Keep waiting few more days