mini fridge grow ventilation

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by caper420, Jan 24, 2014.

1. #1 caper420, Jan 24, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 24, 2014
    I've got 2 plants that i'm going to scrog in a mini fridge thats approx 1.5ft x 1.5ft x 3ft high. right now i've got the door open with a fan blowing on them. I was just wondering what kind of ventilation i could use if i want to keep the door shut?

2. Get them computer fans. If you have a surplus store near you, you might be able to get them there for cheap.. I never got them from a computer store but I was told they can cost to much. But you can try ebay or Amazon too. If you dont mind the wait. You can even make a home made carbon filter.Sent from my SGH-I747M using Grasscity Forum mobile app

3. Do you mind cutting holes in your fridge? Im assuming it dont workSent from my SGH-I747M using Grasscity Forum mobile app

4. I don't mind cutting the holes in the fridge. should i have just an exhaust fan or both intake and exhaust?

5. Thanks alot! 

6. Damn I wish I didn't throw away my old mini fridge, this is a great idea.

7. #8 Lotionmeup420, Jun 4, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 4, 2017
    In case anybody looks back at this, I am currently using a 3 cubic foot mini fridge gutted, exept insulation. I have a 110 cfm fan as well hooked up to an adjustable switch. It's running on 1/3 the power (to be quiet enough for people to think the chest freezer in front of the fridge is running. Mini fridge is not visible) and with 4 23w cfl (1600 lumins each), my Temps are reaching between 80 to 86 with lights on. Also if you have a fan circulating the air inside it helps tremendously! My plant wouldn't be alive without it. The fridge is also kept in the basement so the intake air (3 in passive intake) is about 60 ish degrees in summer so if your fridge will be in hotter weather, remove all insulation. Plan to scrog later.

Attached Files: