mini fridge grow help...

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by utook2much2much, Mar 19, 2013.

1. i got a brand new mini frinde its all ready besides the fans and the holes for the light im gona use cfls 100watt ialready bought em i got 3 100 watt equivalents i think? why do i see everyone using 23 watt? is 100 watts not as good or something?
    i want to use the fridge after im done with my grows... ill just seal up the holes? im not gona take out the lining like the white hard plastic part because i still want it to operate... what can i expect once i drill it like foam wood insulation??? am i still going to be able to use this i have everything gutted besides the freezer tray because if i remove it it wouldnt work again...

ventilation questions:
    soo the intake fan should be 1 and a half times to 2 times bigger than exhaust? i need a carbon filter or whatever im gona have to make my own can i use cpu fans? (computer fans)

2. I want to see pictures of this thing - I love the idea

3. Those bulbs aren't 100w. They are 100w equivalent. Actually using probably 23w. Sounds like you need to spend a couple hundred more hours reading. That's mostly what this hobby is after all

4. It would be better to have a bigger exhaust fan and have your frig under neg. pressure, and yes people here use computer fans with homemade carbon filters.
    Also a 23 watt cfl is equivalent to 100 watts so your 100 watters are actually only 23 watts, not to say they don't make 100 watt cfl's, they do, they are just bigger than the ones you have now.

5. i thought i sai evuivalent but HA you said that a little late i read that a few hours ago and realized i had 23watts lol ive done about 2 months of reading and i just hopped in