Mini fridge grow, First Grow In Bako

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by constantcougher, May 1, 2012.

1. about to start growing in my mini fridge. I've been looking up lights and other shit but haven't really found anything. this is my first grow and i want my first harvest awesome. It'd be nice to have as much help as i can get. I've read that 23w cfl lights are pretty common and do a pretty good job. but i dont know what kind of fans to use, how to check ph, what kind of soil to get, fertilizers etc..
    I WANT A TEACHER, A GURU. SOMEONE TO GUIDE ME ALONG MY JOURey
    i already have 3 plants that i've been working on for about two weeks. they are in a simple plant pot but there are three in there. I know i should be doing something different, but i need to get my fridge setup.
    I'll post pics of my plants and my fridge for everyone to see .

2. Im no guru or teacher by any means but i have been doing extensive research on cannabis cultivation over the last few months and i believe that i can lend a helping hand.

-First off i would use 40 watt cfls but 23's are fine. 40w cfls pump out 2600 lumens each, so 3 of these could be ideal for 1 or two plants. In my personal opinion, you should grow a single plant in a mini fridge.
    -1 plant with 3 40w cfls will strive.
    -youre also gunna want to get a good light spectrum going. for example: during veg i would use x2 6500k light bulbs and x1 2700k light bulb. and for flowering i would use x2 2700k light bulbs and x1 6500k.

Second: i hope that you are willing to make some big holes in this fridge because ventilation is key.
    -youre gunna need a few PC fans. one that draws air in and one that exhaust it out.
    -I forget the name of the little strips that test ph but you can pick some up at a pet shop or even a hydro store. what you do is water your plant until you see runoff and then just test the runoff.

the best soil and fertilizers for cannabis would be fox farms. the soil and fert combo they have created is designed specifically for cannabis. if your looking for monster buds that are super dense, this is the way to go.

If you are on a budget let me know. i can help you out with finding cheap supplies and such.

3. #3 obsstar, May 1, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: May 1, 2012
    but....you have the best teacher and guru of almost all subjects at your finger tips....the internet.

just have to search and read.

4. Very true fact. This, and learning from your mistake is one of the best sources you will ever find.

5. Thank you! Thank you all. Ahaha finally I've been searching for people to share my love of cannabis with. Its amazing to see people who care and want to help.

6. Thanks bong the ripper!

Do they have to be PC fans? Can I use like the little dashboard fans?

And do you know anything about carbon filters?

7. Sorry for ruing your parade pall , but just let you know that your fridge grow will be a pain in the ass....HEAT PROBLEMS will be one of them...... Have you ever thought about that you will require to cut holes in the fridge for intake and exhaust ?Do you have tools??? Just let you know that it might be cheaper to grow in the tent (about the same size as minifrige cost about $60 or so).
    My advice to you is to spend more time reading and going trough different grow journals to see what kind of problems people have......Quick jump = lots of money will be wasted on crappy,useless set up..... READ < READ READ.

1)Carbon filters can not be used with computer fans or any type of fan that kind . 2)You must use inline fan , duct busters are crap as well . 3)
    Stay away from no brand name carbon filters, do not attempt to make one - both will be worthless ....
    P.S.The more time you spend reading the less money you going to waste ....