Mini Fridge Grow Box

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by didsbub, May 29, 2009.

1. Just made this grow box out of a mini fridge I found during spring cleanup. What you guys think?

Attached Files:

2. Looks sweet, however refrigerators aren't exactly known for their good air flow, do u have any plans for intake/exhaust?

3. I have two computer fans running, but I'm really not sure what else I need to do for ventilation

4. Yeah, those computer fans will work great for blowing on the plants, it helps them grow strong, etc, good work. However with that door shut that thing will be air tight, you might want to cut two more holes for intake and exhaust, perhaps throw a computer fan in each, for some fresh air... just a suggestion

5. Heres a quote from the sticky: grow box design guide

6. I'm having some ventilation issues, need to get some bigger fans. I just let everything run last night to test it out, and the temperature got up to 35C haha.

7. Your fans is not the problem, U need holes for air to enter and exit. I see fans inside but where are the outlets to let air in or out?

8. I drilled a bunch of holes in the top, and then I put a larger hole and a L pipe on the bottom

9. You shloud attach those fans to those holes and get a small cirulating fan for the inside. Flip one fan around to blow out and leave the other to blow air in, You can place a smaller fan nicley under the rack to circulate the fresh air that comes in

10. K thanks for the tips, I'm gonna start working on that, I'll post some pics when i'm done and let you know how it goes.