Mini-Fridge Grow Box!!!

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by Dopehead_680, Nov 13, 2007.

1. You need to be 18 to be here...
    Its better to dry and cure in a dark cool spot to prevent THC degradation

2. Yer luvky: good point mate never looked at it that way, ya kno u really need to consider if the girlfriend is worth such a waste of horticultural potential lol j.p. brothaman.

Blaze: my dead homie, i knew that much, pretty basic, I'm more concerned about is it possible for anything to fuck up the other plants,... the curing shit will be in the bottom part of the fridge under the shelved area no light would be getting to them good lookin tho ninja I should have specified that I'm on top of that aspect already haha. Thank u anyway tho, stick around for the finale juggalo!

3. so, with microscope in hand i checked out 3 (the nearly destroyed specimen)

after extremely careful annalysis of each bud I concluded that clear trichs were far and few between, almost all are cloudy, a great deal have picked up and amber hue. I took one gallon of fresh water and flushed it out over the course of a half hour.

I plan that this time next week I will chop it down.

the other three are well on there way. I can say now this plant will not in any way shape or form represent how I treat the other three. im gonna wait a little longer on them but with three clinging to life I dont expect it to hold on until i pull the other three.

I have decided that #3 is going to get a watering with Orange Extract a day or two before I cut it, Aslo it will be dried in a box containg two or three oranges worth of peels, lastly cured in a mason jar with orange peels. I figure Its obviosly not going to be that grand might as well experiment a little on it see what happens.

although the realization occurred to me earlier this evening the other three will be done very soon and it gives me a little bit of a rush, so pumped about it ya know?

stay tuned

4. Ok twice in one night, yeah that bored.

current : 78* 48%
    73*/82* 32%/65%
    Approx. Trichrome ratio:
    3:75%cloudy-25%amber/yellow
    4:75%clear-25%cloudy
    5:85%clear-15%cloudy
    6:nearly 100% clear-less then 10% cloudy

Pics:
    open the door
    [​IMG]
    Welcome to the jungle
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    6 detail
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    5 detail
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    3 :(
    [​IMG]
    3 details
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    the new growth looks ok so whatever happened wasn't permanent I think.

opinions, general input, critiques?

pc

5. i wouldnt mind having a sweet a grow box..lol..but bringing a random mini fridge into my room wouldnt be to odvious...would it...lol

6. So after posting a thread in the sick plants section i was told nute burn. I was reluctant to believe it was that over the past week or two but its inevitable, i fucked up n watered with nutes too often.

live and learn thats why i didnt waste money on good seeds for a first grow.

anywho,

I flushed the babies with about a half gallon of fresh water each. and do not intend to feed them with nutrients for like a good while. last feeding was on the 20th so 27th? and well with half the nutrients i normally would use (1.5 tsp/gallon f.w. instead of 3tsp/gallon f.w.).

pc all

P.S. "the dark night" was badass!!!!!!!!!

7. so where to start,

kids
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

a few close ups
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

now for the harvest details

four mason jars for the curring process
    [​IMG]

my stealth dry box
    [​IMG]

poked ass loads of holes and pulled floral wire taught across the box.
    one bud already in there, it broke last night when i put them away and this morning it looked like it was on its way out so i pulled it before the light killed trichs.
    [​IMG]

all plant trichs are cloudy and are starting to amber. at this point im just procrastinating for my partner to have a few free moments to come out to the space with me and take a peak, give me his two cents and what not, his plants too.

opinions homies?

8. that drying box setup is sweet.

if it's stealth, i'm curious what are you doing about smell? or is that not an issue? sorry if this was already answered.

9. no prob bro,

yeah the smells uncontrolled in the cardboard box
    sry to mislead yo i didnt mean 100% stealth just, sneaky i guess :)

10. well it's still cool as hell. nice work.

11. how far away from harvest?

12. chemcom: thanks bro keep an eye out for the finale

Law: first, honestly, name sketched me out. :wave:
    like I said when i feel they are finished could be 6 days could be a month i keep asking myself the same question. keep an eye out and youll know when i do.

13. So its been a week since i flushed the babies to help with nute burns, now should I water with a half does of nutes tonight or should I flush them once more, I've read mixed reviews so i think its a case by case basis, yall know what the plants look like so oppinions?

thanks
    pc

14. so that horrible plant has gone 2 weekds since last watering and has not soaked up a drop of water and a few buds are completely dead so im no genius but i assume it is gone well,... it had triches and they were ambering so waste not?

[​IMG]
    some Houdini shit
    [​IMG]
    where'd it go?
    [​IMG]
    not bad,.. considering this is the smallest and half the plant has been removed because it was completely dead
    [​IMG]
    out to dry

pc:cool:

PS:inspected roots thoroughly with microscope no mold or anything so its smokable prob gonna be shitty but w.e. the other three look great so thats good.

15. Don't feed unless they are more than 2 weeks from harvest. Feed only if you are sure the burn is not getting worse.

16. thank vtec Im pretty sure the burns fine i tore through the root system theres no build ups it actually looked like a really healthy root ball. I just watered everyone with r/o water.

Idk how long till the rest get harvested most tichs are clouded on all planted but only a small handful are amber and well, they have been like that for about a week now. :-/ worried but playing the waiting game none the less.

I've been using this stuff:
    http://www.plantitearth.com/store/product.asp?pid=377&catid=7

I stopped using it as a of 7/10 because the nute burning started on 3 n have not watered with it since however, I was thinking of maybe watering them again with a potion of this stuff.

2mls a L is there suggested dosing however I can not water nearly that much so I was going to add maybe 10 oz of water with approx 1.2 ml of thrive alive i don't think any of them will be harvested with in the next two weeks given the sudden halt in maturity it this advisable?

17. so the CFLs worked good? what watt and how many did u use? sorry i dont want to read through 11 pages to find it if your already answered lol. I just ordered a light kit, dual spectrum 65 or something from stealth hydroponics with one cool and 1 warm light. u think this will be enough for 2 plants? from vegging stage all the way to harvest?

thanks!

18. four 24W CFLS
    (2) 6,500k
    (2) 10,000K
    a total of 96W and 6,700 lumens Good luck!:wave:

19. Oh that's right you are using the 10,000k lights. So you are basically using ther vegging spectrum to flower too? It can work. Obviously. You can probably give that Thrive alive shit. It is just so low on N P K that I don't think it would hurt. Just give whatever amount it says in the directions on the back of the bottle.

20. well yeah sort of, we ended up getting rid of the MH 10,000k till the next grow

however we had 4 of the cool white(1600 lumens) in for veg and then swapped two out for the higher lumem (1750) bulb it doesnt have a spectrum on the package so i prob shoulnd't have said "10,000k". i assume they are "full spectrum" bulbs much like 10,000k bulbs.

and thanks for the thrive alive tip bro

pictures to follow as soon as I can get outta here(work) and get to the space.

pc