Mini fridge cfl grow box

Discussion in 'Do It Yourself' started by MyStonerName, Feb 10, 2016.

1. Well I got her done. Meow its a matter of testing her out to see what temperature range she'll stay at. Also need to make a scrubber for down the road.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Im using two 3-way light outlets with Y adapters. So far I for sure can fit 8 cfl's but ill try to fit more.
    Let me know what you think or if you have any questions that need answered about how I did this.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 2
  2. Looking good, what kind temps are you getting?

3. Still gotta test her out. I still need like 3-4 more flowering cfls

4. #4 mosesnumb, Feb 11, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 11, 2016
    it's gonna run hot. I don't know how big your fridge is or what your ambient temps are. But they are well insulated. Before I made the switch to 24 watts of t5's, I had 2) 13w cfl bulbs. I could get away with one larger bulb and a 13w. But heat would still build up. I have a 4" booster fan venting my small one. And it moves plenty of air.

Edit: I'd run it a few hours shut and check on it. But seriously. Those swirly bulbs can make some heat.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Im getting the rest of the bulbs tonight so ill make a trial run all night. Hopefully if all works out I put my plants in it tomorrow.

6. looks great dude! might want to open up your fan hole a little bit tho might help despers heat , cover it with some light cloth if light escaping is a problem (makes a fan air filter as well :p)

7. Thanks for the advice man

8. yeh get that fan hole opened up! same size setup with same fan and only 3x20w cfl and 1x 18w t5 ran at about 4c over exterior ambient temp, so about 25c. Oh and a few inlet holes opposit side of box to let fresh air in.

9. I cant wait to try this bitch out. Hopefully im not wasting my time. I only have about fifty bucks into the whole set up. But my time is pretty valuable

10. Well tried her out for like maybe 30 min and it got up to like 90 degrees. So im gunna hook up a different exhaust fan that has like 230 cfm and see if that works

11. So I switched out exhaust fans and it still got hot. Now im going to switch the intake fan, thats blowing on the lights, with a more powerful exhaust fan and move the intake fan right below it. My thinking is I can just remove the heat right away instead of the intake just blowing on the lights. Btw, this fucking fridge is LOUD.

12. Well I switched out the lights and now using this to veg. I will use it to flower when the babies are ready. Im not using he sure powered exhaust right now because its not heating up as much as the other lights. So far every thing seems alright. Here's a picture dump.

The door. Making it look less appealing
    [​IMG]

Smell and light with a blanket over the door

[​IMG]
    For exhaust
    [​IMG]

For cooling and moisture
    [​IMG]

Now the plants
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    The whole set up. I have to leave the door open like this to get the temp down.
    [​IMG]

Suggestions welcomed

13. Just topped the oldest

[​IMG]Just topped the oldest plant

14. Plant A looks like its taking on the Top pretty well. I still dont know about that fucked up leaf. [​IMG]
    Plant B looking good. Kinda slow growing but not looking to bad. [​IMG]
    Pant C just got transplanted so we'll see how she handles it. [​IMG]
    Theres also some browning on the tips of a few leaves on plant A and C. Wish I recorded the dates I planted all these.

15. Update
    Plant A looks really good and took the top really really well but I didnt know the main stem would grow again plus those arent signs of female are they? [​IMG][​IMG]

Plant b looking healthy
    [​IMG]

Plant c still doing it transplant thang
    [​IMG]

16. Hi! Id love to have one mini fridge grow.

I have a pc grow and the only way I can make the temps down is using a plexyglass as a heat sheald under the cfl bulbs.
    This way I reduced from 34C to 28C

• Like Like x 2
  17. Yeah I figure out the heat issue but the fan is to loud so its not stealthy. Ill probably end up ditching it after this grow.

18. Hey I'm subbed up man are those transparent bottles you have that you're growing in? If yes then please do black out out or transplant into a container that isn't transparent...
    Roots don't like light and once they fill up the container it will get a lot of light which is bad it might stunt your growth, everything looks good too how old are the plants from seedling?

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

19. Plant A is about 5-6 weeks old plant B is about 4-5 weeks old and plant C is 3-4 weeks old. I shoulda saved the date but didnt :/ and I had plant B in a clear container for like 1 week but now all three are in blacked out milk jugs until find a female. Then she's going into the biggest pot or bag that will fit in the mini fridge.

20. Lol okay awesome stuff

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk