Mini Frdge Grow Box w/ Pics

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by 420SomeGuy420, Feb 8, 2008.

1. Lemme know what ya think

stealth 003.jpg

stealth 001.jpg

stealth 002.jpg

stealth 005.jpg

stealth 004.jpg

stealth 007.jpg

stealth 012.jpg

stealth 013.jpg

stealth 010.jpg

2. Nice, i really like the setup.

3. thats sweet good work! that looks like a petty big mini fridge what are the dimensions

4. Thanks guys. this fridge came with the house when I moved in and I havent ever used it so I decided... why not go stealth hehe. The dimensions are 17" deep, about 30" tall, and almost 17" wide. I'm pretty sure its just a standard size mini fridge.

5. So I decided to a little modifications to it this morning. I used the saftey blanket wrap stuff from medi pacs as reflective material for the inside. I made a stand so that all plants are relatively the same height. I moved the fan to the door side to blow evenly over all plants, and then I took pics of the intake holes. Enjoy.

stealthnew 005.jpg

stealthnew 004.jpg

stealthnew 003.jpg

stealthnew 002.jpg

stealthnew 001.jpg

6. It looks really nice and tidy but you got deep buckets sitting on a shelf. You probably will encounter issiues with height. You might wanna re-place the lamps reaaally close to make the plants shorter.. just an idea

7. Thanks for the input. Yesterday I actually did lower the lamps and I added a 26w daylight to the mix. I gave away the two in the front because they were male unfortunately. But I left the clones (that were in the back). So now 2 plants, and approx. 170w to cover them. Should be enough I think. I also plan on lst'ing the clones like I did with the plant on the last picture of the first post, to get as great as yield as I can in such a small area

8. hey do you have a list of supplies you used and how to build this ive never grown before but this looks like a good setup for me to try and if you have any pointers for a new grower ...thanks man

9. Yeah man, really basic stuff to set this up. You need a mini-fridge. I went to wal-mart and bought a small ionizer fan. Which is basically a fan with a filter on it. I got two (72 watt I think) warm white and one 26 watt daylight. I also used a grip of duct tape. On the back of the fridge in the top left corner, I drew a line around the back side of the fan with a sharpie. The back side is a square so no ruler is needed. I then used a hole saw and cut holes in all four corners. I then used a jig saw and cut the square out. A few modifications were needed but I got it in to sit pretty much flush. I then duct taped all around it to creat a tight seal. At the bottom of the fridge there is a little ledge, behind that is what I believe is the compressor. I again used the hole saw and cut two holes on each side of the bottom part for the intake. You then hang your desklamps, or whatever your lights are on, and bam you have a grow box. If you have any other questions let me know.

10. Hey Someguy, that is a pretty sick little grow fridge you got going on, but were not worried about the Freeon, a poisonous chemical, when cutting holes in that fridge?

11. Yeah I kinda forgot about that. When I was first cutting it I was wondering what that noise was, and as it turns out I cut into the line. But no biggie, I did it outside and didnt bring it back in until it had stopped.

12. what kind of temps are you maintaining? humidity? looks dope man, i think i might set up something like this for myself! :smoking:

13. it would be cool if you could turn it on and make the buds purple.

14. does that ionizer fan actually kill the smell of budding herb though?

15. lucky bastard...

lol...I am going to be doing the same thing with this dead beat crap fridge I have laying around lol... my current setup is as cheap and ghetto as it gets lol...but it works so fine!

16. what strain did you use? how tall did it get? how much of yield did you get?

17. alright so it seems i got the exact thing going. but i got a problem when ever i have 2 lights in there the heat goes outta controll and wont stay at like 75. howd u keep it low. i got no vent holes though. but i do have a fan just like yours in teh same place.

18. Brado, You need to vent it. Get out the 4" hole saw and drill, and drill out 2 holes. one for an exhaust fan to mount in, and one for an intake. Ventilation is a must. With Fluoros, you should be able to run a hand full in there without heat build up.

19. Agree ventalation is key..But that is one hell of a cab man..Congrats...