Minecraft

Discussion in 'Gamer's Heartbeat' started by Mogwai, Mar 22, 2012.

1. So yee, minecraft is coming to the 360. It's finished and ready to be put up according to developing companies but there's some snag on MS's end.

It's also going to be a change up with how updates are issued. Apparently it takes a looong ass time for a patch/update to be certified and allowed to be put out by MS.. but it wont be that way with MC. They said there will be frequent and speedy updates. All the PC updates will come to xbox around 1 month after PC release they say.

It will be beta on launch, but will have custom skins, texture packs, and other mods patched in.

Anybody else hyped?

2. lol yes indeed i am

3. 4 person split screen, sadly only 8 players online

4. #4 Mogwai, Mar 23, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 23, 2012
    Just found out the release date was put out yesterday. May 9th, coming out at the same time as a new Trails game and some Fable arcade game.

What surprised me was that it's $20... that sucks, I was expecting it to be $15 =(..

Ah well, whatever. I have some MC clones on my xbox and they're a lot of fun.. but I can't play them offline which kills it for me. Since MC can be played offline i'll for sure get it.

MS sure as fuck better not try to charge for updates. The again maybe the $20 price tag will be enough for them to not charge for updates that they'll call DLC. I hope

5. damn a fable arcade?!? have seen some things about the new trials game. looks pretty sick although i haven't played the old one in so long. played the shit out of it then forgot about it

have never played mc but i might check this out. i need a new game on xbox

6. Shit son. I may just have to buy this.

7. I will probably get it eventually. I actually have never played the real minecraft, only the xbox live clones of it.

Would be nice to play the real thing probably.

8. [quote name='"That Engineer"']I will probably get it eventually. I actually have never played the real minecraft, only the xbox live clones of it.

Would be nice to play the real thing probably.[/quote]

Yeah. The clones are great (some anyway), and some do a few things better than MC.. but MC seems to offer a fuller experience. Rather than just building with blocks you can make things like furniture, steps, doors, ladders, signs, and other shit. The clones all seem to offer a portion of these.. so it's like all the items from clones together, plus a few new things.

Though it's a little easier to survive, and it has a few drawbacks.. still great though.