Minecraft Pocket Edition

Discussion in 'Gamer's Heartbeat' started by Mogwai, May 14, 2012.

1. Fuck it, there's already a MC thread for PC and Xbox.

I played it when it was in early stages and didn't get too into it. Today I updated to 0.3.0 and I dig it way more. Crafting and survival were brought in, and way more items.

It's still far from the PC and even the 360 version, but then again it's a phone game. Even with then drawbacks it's still pretty fun and can tend to my on the go desires really well.

It's also very easy on my battery I've noticed. Way easier than a lot of other simpler phone games anyway. Networking seems to suck, unless I'm missing something.

But yee, anybody else play it. I just started getting into it. Hopefully I'll have decent enough stuff to post screenshots of soon

2. I was thinkin about getting it but I'm not sure. Is it worth it vs the amount of battery it uses?

3. Yeah it's worth it as long as you're not expecting it to be the PC version. It still has a long way to go, but the basics are there and it gets updated a fair bit. The biggest drawback seems to be no multiplayer but I hear there are workarounds and it's expected to get MP next update. Right now it only has it on local networks..

4. I bought it when it was leaked early but haven't played it much. It's come along with since release with all the updates, but I just can't bring myself to really get into building anything on it because I know I can do the same on PC in a fraction of the time.