Mind Blown...

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by Jakigi, Mar 30, 2009.

1. #1 Jakigi, Mar 30, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 30, 2009
    The stars we see in the sky isn't the now... the light traveling from such great distances took millions of years to reach our eyes to perceive them.

It already happened.

In another scale, what we see immediately around us, even our bodies, work in the same fashion (An inch could be a light-year in another scale).

It took a minuscule amount of time for the light to reach our eyes from our foot...

But, it already happened.

Reality is a show.

What are we as consciousness, then? We're all apart of what already happened. We are one. Infinite singularities that make up a whole.

"The closer we get to the center of our being, the closer we get to the absolute truth."

Check out this guys video for a better explanation...

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6flAI2b6kQ&feature=channel_page"]YouTube - THE ABSOLUTE TRUTH[/ame]

The same goes with sound. You can stick the ear pods in your ear... but the sound traveling to your ear isn't the now. It already happened.

Can all senses apply?

2. That's what I percieve "God's Divine Plan" to be, or where the idea came from, the fact that on the scale of our universe all of this has already happened.

There's really no such thing as 'now', ya know? Cuz 'now' has already come and gone.
    God is one, god is two, god is me plus all of you. :D

3. Everything has a time delay between when it happened and when you actually received it.

very intriguing ;)

4. #4 terradactyl, Mar 30, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 31, 2009
    very weird to think about this. we basically live in lag time.

the galaxy could be in the throws of ending right now. and we dont know, wont know, until it reaches us. strange

everything we experience already happened, except our thoughts. or have our thoughts already happened to? and it takes a nanosecond to turn them into something we can understand..? ahh

5. #5 bkadoctaj, Mar 31, 2009
    Senses will always be subject to feeling. Plain as that. Feeling is essential, senses are illusive.

I AM the actualizer of Cosmic potential.

I AM the continuum between being and non-being.

6. #6 Jakigi, Mar 31, 2009
    I think I'm starting to understand... something.

There really is something special to feeling.

:)

7. Even the perception of a nanosecond is skewed, by I AM. Funny thing is, it puts I AM in a class of its own: TOTALITY.

8. im slow and i have no time to think right now, so ill ask: are you talking about FEELINGS as in a human's feelings (not senses that for our perception of the world), as in being sad or happy or angry, etc etc?

9. Tell me what other feelings you've felt (other than human) and I'll let you know.

10. well it is hard to say.. since im human. but some of the "weirder" feelings were for example... the feeling of unity with all that is around me. i have felt very insignificant, but at the same time a part of One, a part that completes this "one".
    i have felt what i think is what i will feel when (or if) i grow old and will be thinking about the life that i have lived. i have felt like i was given knowledge that is important for me (as a human being) after having some fucked up thoughts while i was blazed.

i dont think i have answered your question correctly, but man you're frying my noodle by making me think of this stuff... it is making me think about other things that are a mind fuck on their own

11. Compassion? :p

12. #12 bkadoctaj, Mar 31, 2009
    Human or extraterrestrial concept?

It means nothing without relation to who we were and who we are now.

Life is bringing about significance from the void. Making something from nothing, because if there had been something already, you'd have to destroy it to make something new. There's nothing to destroy.

13. #13 sikander, Mar 31, 2009
    When light enters your eye it passes over a number of layers of ganglia and blood vessels before they ever reach the light-sensitive cells. You're already losing a good deal of information because your fat-ass ganglia blocked the light.

Then, the sensory data gets mangled in numerous ways by the ganglia- it's preprocessed before it's sent to the optic nerve. The data handed to your brain has already been filtered and changed. When it gets to the brain your brain filters and manipulates the data in so many ways before you're ever aware of seeing anything.

Our perceptions of reality, almost from the start, are diluted, outdated, and heavily modified. Only the simplest cells in our bodies see the world as it is. Or rather, as it was just a moment ago.

14. Sounds like something Dr. Manhattan says in Watchmen.

15. #15 bkadoctaj, Mar 31, 2009
    So seeing isn't sight.

If it isn't insight, I really don't need it.

16. That was more of an ironic musing than anything, lol, but I'll bite. Human concept, as that's all I can muster, as I would think any concept I can muster is soely human. And if it was extraterrestrial I wouldn't know because I'm not.

17. Simply because extraterrestrial is a human concept, does not make humanity extraterrestrial. We are confused when we have mixed up the correct order of things, which is often when we do not understand the nature of interpenetration.

But let me give a simple example:

Concept is a concept. A concept and "concept" interpenetrate. One is the other; the other exemplifies the one.

The order is necessary (in English we subtly demonstrate our notion of order through definite and indefinite particles).

18. #18 sikander, Mar 31, 2009
    lol I think Dr. Manhattan would dismiss sight for all that. I, on the other hand, treasure it. Dr. Manhattan may see things as they are- but he misses the beauty you can only really get with a biased perspective. A blooming flower would just be a photosynthetic hydrocarbon reaction in Manhattan's eyes- but my twisted and warped perspective lends that image symbolic meanings and emotional responses on my part that Manhattan misses out on.

At the end of the day Manhattan and I both looked at a flower, but I came away with a richer experience.

EDIT: I just realized you could been responding to either me or the OP... but what the hell.

19. Yeah, that's what I mean. Humanity isn't extraterrestrial, so I can't have a concept of extraterrestrial compassion. Unless you mean something else.

I don't think I could fathom an extraterrestrial concept without help of or insight from extraterrestrial beings because I am terrestrial.

20. How come we have the word extraterrestrial then when all we really seem to be saying is NOT ME IN ANY WAY?