mind blowing test on perception...

Discussion in 'Science and Nature' started by stonerish, Nov 18, 2008.

1. That line is interesting... Maybe we should consider the implications of such a switch on society as a whole.

2. What switch is that?

3. the massive shift in perception of our surroundings inspired by the definition of the world around us in limited language... that is my interpretation at least.

4. couldn't have said it better myself. What would the world look like if we used mainly our right side to perceive things?

5. Which? From right brain awareness at a young age into left brain comprehension.

6. #7 stonerish, Nov 21, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 21, 2008
    all in all, i find it impressive that the mind can be changed in function that much by the false imposition of order created by the categorisation of the percieveable wolrd through language

edit... this possibly proves language the catalyst for our intellect and sudden explosion in technology and etc ecxperienced by ancient man.. perhaps fueled, as proposed by terence mckena (stolen from my head like 30 years in the future), by the consumption of perception altering hallucinogens, namly magic mushrooms...?

7. i find this worthy of a bump... and so shall bump this