Mind-blowing science documentaries.

Discussion in 'Science and Nature' started by ReallyRed, Mar 17, 2012.

1. It's pretty hard t

2. Not as mind blowing as Einstein vs Hawkins rap battle.

3. It's pretty hard to find but Horizon: what happened before the big bang was pretty amazing, mind blowing stuff.

4. ...I'm stunned, almost floored that I've never seen this before. So glad I googled it: [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zn7-fVtT16k"]Einstein vs Stephen Hawking -Epic Rap Battles of History #7 - YouTube[/ame]

5. pretty much all nova documentaries are my jam
    also i think i have seen every ocean documentary on netflix. hm. good thing i'm a biology student?

6. What We Still Don't Know featuring Sir Martin Reese is an excellent 3-part documentary.

Focuses on some of the biggest cosmological questions of our era - and investigates them in a way that considers multiple hypotheses..... also it's extremely well-filmed with a lot of consideration towards aesthetic viewing value.

The three parts address the questions "Are we real?", "Why are we here?", and "Are we alone?". If you have an interest in any of these questions, even if you study them academically, you will benefit from watching Rees speak on the subject. A lot of consideration goes towards the problem of induction.

7. was watching this documentary on water a couple of weeks ago. forgot the name, but it's on youtube.

crazy stuff like like water is aware of everything, understands us, all water is connected even if apart, it understands emotion and reflects it. pretty crazy shit.

8. there are 10,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 particles in the universe.
    Yo mama took all the ugly ones, to make one nerd.

That had me crying

9. Best part by far, I was glad I wasn't drinking my soda at the time.

10. Cosmos is still my favourite doc.
    Dr. Carl Sagan just has a way with word that no one else has

11. Planet Earth
    Human Planet
    Frozen Planet
    Stephen's Hawking The Universe